twenty nine

AVERY

Lately, I have trouble figuring out the good and the bad aspects of the music industry. I have people that I trust, like Mick and my assistant Nancy. They make sure I'm taking time to inhale a breath and relax myself. I know they have my back, and would never put me in uncomfortable situations.

Then we have people like Vincent, who falls in the middle of the spectrum. I never got a good vibe from him, and thought he was just using the boys to make money. However, since Austin's overdose, he's been pretty understanding and comforting.

Then there's people like Cole Cruz, an arrogant MTV interviewer that is looking at me like I'm a piece of meat. He's young, probably around the age of twenty four, and already made three sexual advances while interviewing me about my album. Not to mention he smells like bologna and already looked down my dress a handful of times.

He holds my record up in his hand while looking back at the camera. "So, your album is finally out in the world. Warner Records released it today."

"Yes, finally. I've been working on it for awhile now. I'm happy that my fans can listen to it." I clear my throat and lock my hands together.

"And why is the song Not Like Her worthy of being the name of the record?" He looks down at the cover of my album.

"Because it's the song that resonates with me the most. It's a powerful, upbeat anthem about breaking out of your shell and finding your confidence." I further explain with a small smile.

"Well, you're certainly a powerhouse in the world of pop. Strong, gorgeous, you have a lot of things going for you, Avery." His eyes roam my body once again while he bites on his lower lip.

I feel like vomiting and punching him in the face. At the same time.

"Now, let's talk about the Angels and Demons tour that you were a part of."

"Okay, sure." I clear my throat.

"We received word that you want to make an announcement about it. Is it new dates?" He shifts in his seat.

"No, actually, it's not." I gulp and look down at my hands. Inhaling a breath, I glance back at Cole's grimacing face. "I have an announcement regarding Red Hot."

"Well, with Austin Starr's overdose, I'm assuming the tour is cancelled?" He guesses.

"No, we're still continuing the tour." I look directly at the camera and paint on a happy smile. "My announcement has to do with myself and the band. I will be taking over as Red Hot's lead singer while Austin recovers."

"You?" A laugh automatically escapes his lips. "You're a pop singer."

"I know, but I'm very open to a challenge. I want to help the boys in any way I can." I nod.

"And you think that will be a good idea? Won't that be draining?" He mocks me with a scoff.

"Sure, but my job is never easy." I let out a nervous laugh. "I'm just doing a favor for Austin. He wanted me to fill in for him while he gets clean."

"This is a very shocking favor. I mean, you as the lead singer of Red Hot. There are no women in rock 'n' roll bands at the moment." He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Well, that's the fun of it all." I quirk my eyebrow up and lean back in the chair. "A woman can also take on the role as the lead singer in a rock band. Joan Jett is doing just fine."

"I disagree with that. I think the best part about rock 'n' roll is seeing how dominant the men are. That's why pop and disco were invented, for the women,"