twelve

GRAYSON

The last two weeks were absolutely insane. The boys and I have been playing shows like crazy, and the following we're getting is becoming bigger than we ever imagined. We sold out another bar this past weekend, and we've been at a studio in Beverly Hills recording our first album.

It's going pretty quick, even the producers are surprised at how well we've been cooperating. Despite Austin coming in high a few times, and Ethan running late because he's picking up alcohol, we've been managing just fine.

"Play it back one more time." Vincent stops the tape.

Austin is in the booth with headphones on. We're recording his vocals today, and it's like pulling teeth with him. His voice is dry and he isn't hitting the right notes.

"Can I get some water? I'm dying here." He groans while rolling his eyes.

An assistant automatically rushes to get our lead singer a water bottle. Sparkling to be exact.

"What's wrong with him today?" Landon leans over and whispers into my ear.

"He's doped up on coke, can't you tell?" I sigh and look back at Austin in the booth.

"This early? It's one in the afternoon, we've been here all morning."

"Austin doesn't care what time of day it is." I shrug.

"Do not let Vincent find out." He shakes his head.

"I'm sure he already knows. It's not rocket science to figure out." Ethan leans back in his chair and crosses his arms over his chest.

"That's unacceptable, he could cost us our sessions." Landon exhales a breath.

"We have to get it together, guys. We're so close to finishing this album, we can't afford any mishaps." I clench my jaw.

"Yeah literally, we can't afford it." He agrees.

"He'll be fine." Ethan rolls his eyes.

"Let's run the chorus of Angels and Demons one more time." Vincent plays the music back.

Austin nods and begins to sing. His voice sounds a bit better, but I doubt they're going to use this cut in the final product.

"Speaking of this song, we need to tell Vincent now we want Angels and Demons to be the title of the album." Landon folds his hands together.

"He's going to push for Comatose since it's the lead single." Ethan says.

"But we collectively agreed Angels and Demons would be the title." I remind them.

"Let's see how well that works out." Ethan gulps.

"All right, take five on the vocals." Vincent says into the mic.

Austin nods and removes his headphones. He walks out of the booth and takes a seat on the leather couch. "Sorry guys, I was a little off my game today."

"A little?" Landon raises his eyebrows.

"I'll be better by tomorrow." He promises.

"So, boys, we have about one third of the tape left. We can record the songs Valley Girls and Wild Lie by the end of the week." Vincent looks down at paperwork in his hand. "Then we can announce that the album will be called Comatose."

The four of us look at each other with confused facial expressions. Ethan shakes his head and mutters "told you," under his breath.

"Actually, we want Angels and Demons to be the title." I speak up.