eleven

AVERY

"I cannot believe Grayson Dolan is on his way to my house right now to take you out!" Lily squeals while jumping around her bedroom. "This is your first real date."

"I know, that's why I'm nervous." I bite down on my lower lip and glance in the mirror.

"Don't be. You'll have a great time. I'll just live vicariously through you." A smirk forms on her lips.

I nod my head and run my hands through my hair one more time. I can feel my stomach turning with nerves as I wait for Grayson's arrival. It's still insane to think he wanted to take me out on a date.

I'm starting to realize that he's not as bad as he seems. I'm going to try to put my faith on the line and trust this process with him.

Lily peeks out her window, and yells out with happiness. "He just pulled up in a red mustang! That's a hot car."

"I guess that's my cue." I smile and grab my purse.

"Have the best time, and don't forget to kiss him." She encourages me.

"Kiss him?" I slightly widen my eyes.

"Yes, give him a little taste." She smirks at me.

"Goodbye, Lily." I roll my eyes and rush out of her bedroom.

As I exit her house, I can hear the music blasting from Grayson's car. I get into his passenger seat and glance at him. He's wearing a black leather jacket with a white t-shirt underneath. Classic.

"Wow, you look gorgeous." He lowers his music and eyes me up and down. I'm simply wearing a baby pink t-shirt with denim shorts. I wanted to keep it casual and appropriate for the setting of our date.

"Thank you, you too." I say and immediately regret it. "Uh, I meant to say you look great. I like the jacket." I awkwardly ramble on.

"Wow, I've never been called gorgeous before. I'll take the compliment." He smiles and drives away from the curb.

"That was so stupid, I'm sorry." I close my eyes and shake my head back and forth. Way to go, Avery.

"It's cool, don't sweat it." He laughs and keeps his focus on the road.

"Nice car." I gulp and look around it.

"Thanks, Ethan and I usually share it." He nods.

"Where is Ethan tonight?"

"He's with the boys, they're writing more songs. The tracklist for our first album is almost complete. We start recording next week." A proud smile forms on his face.

"Wow, that's amazing. Everything is happening so fast." I nod and look out the window.

"It's unreal. Our lead single is going to be a song called Comatose, it's pretty awesome."

"I can't wait to hear it." I honestly mean my words.

"Glad rock music is growing on you." He looks at me with a smirk.

"I'm just as surprised as you are." I giggle.

"We have that effect on people." He says while gripping onto the steering wheel.

"Trust me, I know." I agree with him, knowing so many girls go insane for them.

When we pull up to the arcade, it's pretty crowded. Considering it's a Thursday night, this is a shock to me. But then again, it's summer. Days of the week don't matter anymore.

Grayson turns the engine off and gets out of the car, walking over to open my door. I smile at the gesture and step out. He places his hand on the small of my back as he ushers me inside.