thirty three

AVERY

august 21st, 1986

-two years later-

A wide smile appears on my face as I look at the two powerful women sitting across from me. The studio is packed with females working for this news outlet, and it makes me happy to see. Assistants, machine coordinators, designers. There are so many of them helping behind the scenes. This is the desperate change that Hollywood needed, and I'm here for it.

As the camera stays focused on myself, I keep my eyes pinned on Mary and Kara, the two reporters who have been a joy to talk with.

"Avery, I have to say, we are so happy that you joined us this afternoon. You were highly requested on our show." Kara says with a smile.

Their talkshow, Real ShowBiz, is something they started from scratch. When I heard they wanted to seek truth in the industry, I figured my story is something that could easily be told.

"Well, thank you for having me. It's so great to be here." I giggle and look back at the camera.

"You look absolutely stunning, the black hair really compliments you. We're so happy to see you succeeding now that your second album is number one on the pop charts." Mary smiles while reaching over to grab hold of my hand.

"The hair was a last minute decision I made with my best friend." I honestly tell them with a laugh. "I was going to go back to blonde, but wanted to start a new chapter in my life. I'm doing so well and I'm extremely grateful for the success of my new album."

"Beautifully Broken is vocally stunning and the story you take us through is simply beautiful. I mean, a lot of the heartbreak songs still make me tear up. I always knew ballads would work great with your range." Kara says while holding up the vinyl of my second album.

"Trying out ballads in the studio was a blast. Since I wrote all of the songs on this record, I got to be creative and showcase my struggles." I nod my head with a small grin.

"Within the past year, you have really made a name for yourself. Especially now that you have your own perfume line and a jewelry collection coming out in the fall. But this album is the continuation of your story, and so many young women are relating to you. How has it been to see the support from your fans?"

"Oh, it's been incredible. I'm glad my music can provide them with a realistic view of being a young woman and coming to terms with yourself. It's all I ever wanted." I'm happy to know I have so many supporters, ones that shower me with love and affection. They're the reason I love doing what I'm doing.

"And last year you opened up about your struggles with depression and developing an eating disorder. Your song, Breakable, really dives deep into what you went through. Is that why you always have a positive message when it comes to your younger fans?" Mary raises an eyebrow up.

"Yes, I always want to be a great influence to my fans. That song allowed me to be very vulnerable and raw with my feelings. It took me a while to get help for my inner demons and I want people to know that they aren't alone,"

"I'm honestly the happiest I've been in awhile and feel like I finally found my place in this business. It's all a learning experience." I nod my head and look between the two of them.

"You also talk about how heartbreak healed you. Can you elaborate a little more on that?"

I nervously gulp and fold my hands together. I knew this topic would be brought up eventually.