thirty seven

AVERY

I'm already shaking in my heels as Austin helps me out of his 1983 red Ferrari. I look up at the arena in front of us and gulp. Today's Rock 'N' Roll Music Awards are being held at The Forum. A lot of emotions and memories are flooding to the front of my brain as I take it all in.

"You okay?" He asks me, and I glance back at him.

"Yeah, I'm good." I nod my head and check out his appearance.

He looks great, even though his black hair is messy. I can never get him to style it correctly. His white dress shirt and black tie compliment his charcoal jacket. "You look so handsome."

"And you look beautiful, as always. I like how we match. Hopefully when Danny comes he won't get too mad." He sticks his tongue out at me.

I laugh and hit into his arm, shaking my head in the process. I'm wearing a black dress that's paired with gold hoop earrings and white pearls around my neck. My dark hair is curled, as always.

"Oh shush." I giggle as we head into the building.

Luckily we came in through the back, so we could escape the red carpet. I'm already nervous as it is to give a speech on stage, I don't need the negative attention from the press tonight.

As my best friend and I walk around near the dressing rooms, we see many celebrities and musicians hanging out and tuning their instruments. My eyes widen in shock when I see Steven Tyler get handed a microphone right in front of me.

"Oh my gosh, it's Steven Tyler." I nudge Austin and whisper into his ear. My focus stays on the Aerosmith singer.

"Yeah, I've met him before. He came to a Red Hot show in Philly last summer. He's dope." Austin laughs while nodding toward the rockstar.

"He's standing right there, I can almost smell him." I begin to fangirl, feeling starstruck for one of the first times.

"Want me to introduce you?" He smirks at me.

"I mean, duh. Do you think Mick Jagger is here?"

"The Rolling Stones are set to open the show, silly." He laughs and starts walking toward the singer. His eyes stay focused on me as throws his hands up. "Watch and learn-"

A gasp escapes my lips when I see him bump into a girl walking past him. Austin tries to steady her balance by holding onto her wrist, but she already tumbles over.

"Oh, fuck. I am so sorry." He says as she fixes her baby pink gown.

"It's my fault, I shouldn't walk so fast in four inch heels." She laughs while looking back at him. I now recognize who she is.

It's Raven Lambert, the star of a television sitcom called Just Another Day. I used to watch it all the time with my parents.

Her eyes fill with realization as she rubs her lips together. "Holy crap, you're Austin Starr."

"In the flesh." He smiles while looking right at her. "And you're on that hilarious ABC sitcom. I've seen a few episodes."

"Yeah, I'm that girl who makes people laugh on television." The brunette beauty lets out a chuckle. If her acting career ever fails, she can definitely be a model. She's stunning. "I'm Raven, by the way."

"Nice to meet you." Austin shakes her hand as a blush forms on his face. "I'm really sorry about bumping into you."

"Don't sweat it, I'm glad we were introduced. You've been my celebrity crush for a while now." She confidently says with a smirk.