twenty seven

AVERY

The last day of 1983 has finally arrived. It's been a hectic twelve months, and January "me" is long gone. I'm proud of the growth I've experienced over the course of this year. It's been a crazy ride, but things are slowly going back to normal. I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on the upcoming year.

Since my debut album is dropping next week, I will be doing a lot of interviews and adding new songs to my tour setlist. I feel ready to take on our fans by storm, and will look at the press in a new light. Even if there are bad articles written about me, I just want to focus on myself and being happy.

Since our Christmas dinner, all of us seem connected with each other again. Ethan and Landon spent some time working on music to a new song, and that was refreshing. Austin seems a lot happier than usual, and always has a smile on his face when he sees me.

Things are surprisingly well. Red Hot bounced back from the controversy surrounding Ethan's drunk driving scandal. Sure, the press is still talking about it, but eventually this will all go away. I try to keep telling myself that better days are ahead.

As I'm reflecting on the past, Lily emerges from the bathroom in a long silver dress. The back is open and pretty revealing, but I know Landon will go crazy for it. Hopefully he rips it off of her tonight.

He's taking Lily to a fancy italian restaurant to ring in the new year. My eyes widen when she spins around in her white heels.

"So, what do you think? First date appropriate?" She puffs up her curly black hair.

"Yes, it's stunning. You look amazing, Lily." I smile while practically jumping up and down with joy. "Although, I find it funny that you're the one asking me for fashion advice. Oh, how the tables have turned."

"I know, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone." She laughs before running glossy lipstick over her mouth.

"You're going to have such a nice time tonight! I'm jealous." I let out a sigh.

"Jealous? I thought you were cool with staying in with Grayson and the boys?" She turns to look my way.

"I am, I just think it's cute that you're going on your first date with Landon. You're going to be with him when the ball drops, that's so romantic." I giggle and tap her shoulder.

"I'm hoping he'll make the move and be my New Year's kiss. That would be a cute story to tell the grandkids." A smirk forms on her lips.

"I'm already picking out the maid of honor dress in my mind! It's a dark pink elegant gown with a little bit of edge to it." I fold my hands together in excitement.

"You're too much, A." Lily shakes her head with a laugh.

"Enough about me! It's time to get you downstairs, your man is waiting for you." We exit my shared bedroom with Grayson and head over toward the large staircase.

My eyes widen once I see Landon standing by the glass front door, wearing a black dress shirt tucked into slacks. He looks so handsome.

His eyes meet Lily's, and his lips slightly part. "Holy shit, you look beautiful."

"Thank you, and you look very handsome." Lily blushes while emerging down the stairs.

She has grace and elegance in her steps, which surprises me. Lily was always such a badass chick who wore leather and dark makeup. Now, she looks like a pretty princess walking toward her Prince Charming.

He holds onto her hand once she reaches the bottom of the steps. "We should get going. The restaurant will be packed on a night like tonight, even with a reservation."