nineteen

AVERY

"What do you think of this?" Lily holds up a red leather skirt and smirks. It's way too short for my liking, and causes me to shake my head.

"Absolutely not." I state and continue to look through the clothing racks.

"Avery, why not? You need to look hot as hell on this tour. You need an entire new wardrobe." She sighs and practically pushes the skirt in my face.

"I'm sure I will have a makeup artist pick everything out for me, nothing is really on my own terms anymore. That all went out the window the second I signed that contract." I lightly chuckle, but deep down it's the truth.

They say that signing a recording contract is like signing a deal with the devil. The label you sign to takes full control over the music that you make in order to profit off of it.

It's sad, but that's how the music industry works. I trust Mick a lot more than I trust Vincent, so I hope Warner Records will go easy on me.

"Did you forget I'm coming with you? Honey, I will make sure they only put leather in your wardrobe." Lily shakes her head.

"You know that sentence scares me." I look at her with a laugh.

"No need for fear, leather is your friend. This is the 1980s, get with the program." She says while looking at a pair of heels.

"I can't believe you're taking a semester off to come on tour with us. It's like a dream come true." I smile and squeeze onto Lily's hand.

Ironically, that was all thanks to Ethan. The boys were allowed to have a guest on tour with them for five months. Ethan surprisingly asked Lily to tag along.

This was a shock to me, especially since I have no idea if they're a real couple or not. I have seen Ethan check out fans when the boys get stopped in public, but I always assumed it was due to his flirty personality.

"It's going to be epic. Ethan mentioned something about getting me a job on tour, so that will be cool. I think it involves graphic design, which I really want to get into." Lily happily smiles.

"Okay, what's the deal with you guys? Are you just friends with benefits?" I ask her in an upfront manner.

"I guess so. I mean, obviously I really like him. I've liked him way before I even met him. He's super fun to be around." Her eyes dilate and her cheeks flush whenever she talks about him.

"Do you think it will ever be more?" I look down at a few shirts and begin to sort through them.

"I have no idea. I'm hoping we'll be more official during the tour." Lily shrugs while letting out a sigh. "For now, I'm just enjoying the best sex of my life. The rumors are true about Ethan, you know."

"Seriously, Lily? I didn't need to know that." I cringe and stick my tongue out.

"What? It shouldn't be a taboo topic anymore. When you and Grayson finally get intimate, I want you to talk to me about it." She says with a small grin.

"I was always so nervous to lose my virginity. My entire life I thought I would be waiting until my wedding day, it's how I was raised." I pull my lower lip between my teeth and look back at her.

"It's not a sin to have sex before marriage, A. It's all about exploring your body and sexuality. Just make sure you use protection, of course." Lily reminds me.

"Well, duh. My parents would murder me if I told them they were going to be grandparents already. I'm lucky they didn't freak out when I told them I'm dropping out of college to pursue my music full time." My parents were surprisingly understanding about my decision.