3.

"IT'S OKAY

"IT'S OKAY..SWEET PEA..."

--¤☆¤--

I didn't sleep at all last night. I just laid in bed, eyes focusing on all the cracks in the ceiling. Once I realized it was unless, I wrote three letters. Hide them so only I knew where to find them. It was like the first week back at home. Like I was back to being the fourteen year old girl who double locked all the windows and doors again. All that progress, flushed down the drain.

Staring out the window, I looked up at the sunset in sadness, it felt bitter sweet. Like it was a poor excuse of a 'sorry for what is happening'. But, I couldn't deny it. The view was breathtaking. A mixture of oranges and yellows as well as soft pinks. But knowing that this would possibly be the last time that I would see the sunset at home made me frown. I didn't know how long was left. How many more days I would get to see.

"Are you..Are you coming to the tree, they strung up a man..they say who murdered three.."  I sang softly, as the sounds of birds chirping filled the morning air.

Grandma used to sing that song to Mom. Then, Mom sang it to me growing up. And in the future, I would sing it to my kids. If I had any. If I got the chance to.

"Strange things did happen here..No stranger would it be..If we met at midnight, in the hanging tree.."  I sang, as the Morning bell rang, waking up the rest of the District.

"Are you, Are you..Coming to the tree, where the dead man called out..For his love to flee.."  I sang, as the sounds of my door opening alerted me.

"That was beautiful, Sweet Pea. But it's time to get ready for the Reaping." Klaus's voice said, as I continued to stare out.

"I'll get dressed later." I said, watching as a bird flew by the window.

"Sweet Pea, I know that you hate this, but we have no other choice." He said, placing a hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"I know, but let me enjoy this moment. Just this once?" I asked, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Okay. Just be ready in an hour." He said, rubbing my shoulder.

"I will." I whispered, as he pressed a kiss to the side of my head.

Sighing as he left, I waited for the clicking of the door to go off, waiting for him to leave. It may be my last day in Ten, but I still had things to do. Hearing the satisfying click of the door, I dart over to the kitchen counter, feeling for the letters taped under there. Pulling them out, I let out a small whimper as I read the names written on them. I hadn't seen them in months. I thought that I would be able to see them next year as a Mentor, but now I was going to see them as a tribute.

'Johanna Mason, District 7..'

'Finnick Odair, District 4..'

'Haymitch Abernathy, District 12..'