18.

"THEY ARE PERFECTLY FINE

"THEY ARE PERFECTLY FINE..."

--¤☆¤--

Waking up with a loud gasp, I could feel hot tears streaming down my face and my entire body shaking. Was it all a dream? Did I imagine it? Stumbling back from where I was lying, the faint yellow lights peaked through the flickering hallway. Bringing a little bit of light in my room. But it unfortunately made the shadows look more eerie than usual, though that could just be because of lack of sleep. Using the sleeve of my gown, I rub my eyes clean of tears trying to make it more clear to see.

"Peeta? Johanna?" I call out, wiping the last of my tears.

"Here." Peeta calls.

"Johanna?" I call out again, not hearing her response.

Nothing. Not even a snarky comment. Turning to the wall as quickly as I can, I try to make out her figure in the darkness. But, I couldn't see anything. Feeling panic rise up, I scoot closer to the glass, pressing my hand against the buzzing. Please. Please don't be dead. Just be asleep, J. Praying that she's just sleeping, I pound on the glass, hoping that the noise would be enough to wake her.

"Johanna?" I call, my voice wavering slightly.

"Here⎯I'm here. Trying to sleep, but can't. Hey guys, is it just my room, or are the lights still out?" Johanna asks, as I let out a small sigh of relief.

"No, my lights are still out, but the hallway's one is flickering. Is the power out for you, Athena?" Peeta asks, as Johanna lets out a small curse.

"Yeah. I⎯I don't know about the hallway. I'll check to see if I can see anything from the hallway. Maybe a guard or something." I said, as Peeta and Johanna croak out small 'okays'.

Covering my mouth with my hand, I bite down as the aching pain from my legs fills me. Like a million like daggers. Using the wall for support, I rise up from the ground, legs trembling at the action. Walking to the flickering lights, a few tears fell down my face as I was fearful of what I would see. Dead bodies? Snow himself?

Extending my hand out, I blindly reached out in hopes of finding the rough feel of concrete or metal from the door. Patting the walls, my hand finally finds the coolness of the metal door. Bingo. Pressing my face against the small window, I squint as I try to make out anything. But struggle, with the constant flickering of the lights. Damn it.

"Do you see anything?" Johanna asks, as I stand on my tippy toes to see anything.

"No. I⎯damn it⎯I can't see any guards or anything distinct. The lights are flickering too much." I call back, as I am barely able to make out any shapes from the hallway.

"Try opening the door. If the lights are almost out, maybe the security systems are weak? Maybe we can get out?" Johanna suggest's.

"I⎯I'll try. But I can't promise that it will work, J." I said, squinting my eyes.