3.

"KISS ME, FISH BOY

"KISS ME, FISH BOY.."

--¤☆¤--

A hour had pasted since me and Finnick's reunion, and not once did we let go of each other. We sat side by side, hands intertwined together tightly; in fear of loosing the other. I learned that after my 'death', Finnick's anxiety got worse; so he started to braided a piece of rope to calm himself. He would follow a schedule that was printed onto his arm, and spend his free time with Beetee and Katniss; learning about the Capitol's network.

Grabbing strands of my hair, I could feel Finnick tugging on some of them; as he began to braid them together. The feeling of his hands moving skillfully against the strands, tightening on a few as he pulled the hair out of my face. To the point where my hair was braided back with the rest being pulled up into a low ponytail. I could hear him hum and mutter small things under his breath, but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

"I met Hermes and the rest of your family." He said, as worry floods me.

"Really?" I ask, sighing at all the things they did; while I was gone.

"Yeah. Those Monroe kids, Carrie and Damian cornered me in the cafeteria. Threatened me with forks." He said, chuckling softy.

"A fork huh? I'm surprised they didn't try to poison you." I said, imagining Damian and Carrie holding blunt forks at Finnick's throat; standing on their tippy toes, because the two of them could barely reaching up to his shoulder's.

"Thalia did. She said it would be a shame if I were to 'choke' on a piece of chicken.." He said, emphasizing on the word choke; making me laugh.

Walking over to my side of the bed, he sits down beside me and grabs my hand once again. Smiling at him, he just me a lazy smile back and rubs circles onto the back of my hand. Scooting closer to him, I leaned my head against Finnick's shoulder; as we watch the doctor's run around the Infirmary. Things were much more tense, and the doctor's were unease as Peeta had brutal attacked Katniss; not even seconds after me and Finnick pulled ourselves away, from our own little world.

"So why did they threaten you?" I ask, his smile falling right away.

"They watched you die. They needed someone to blame. I don't blame them, I deserved it in a way. It was my job to protect you and I couldn't even do that." He said, looking down at our intertwined hands.

"I don't blame you. We were in the Games, we didn't have any necessary medical equipment. One way or another, I would have died. You did everything you could. Don't blame yourself, love." I said, adding quickly; as I placed my hand on his cheek, making him lift his eyes.

Stroking his cheek with my thumb, he smiles softly at me; before kissing the palm of my hand. Pressing a kiss on the corner of his lips, they quirk up slightly; but he still had a sad look in his eyes. Drifting his eyes away from me, he looks at the doctor's giving me time to think about my feelings for him. I liked him, maybe even love him; no, I did love him.