10.

"TO BE HELD

"TO BE HELD.."

--¤☆¤--

Licking my bottom lip, it pained me to continue on in training knowing that Klaus was here, he hadn't been showing up like he promised. But then again, neither did the other Tributes. It pained me. Knowing that so many people had given up already. Sighing, I know that I shouldn't waste anymore time moping around, I needed to get my head in the game.

Cracking my neck, my eyes scanned the training room inspecting my competition, all skilled killers. Some of them, the Career's, have trained for this their whole lives. Others, Katniss and Peeta, won by luck. But, I would give it to her. Katniss was talented with a bow and row. I wanted her as an ally, she knew how to survive and she would have all eyes on her. Meaning more sponsor's.

So I had two options to pick from, show off my skills set or suck up to Peeta. Now, I have mastered the art of kissing ass. I've done it for years now here in the Capitol, but I wasn't about to start kissing Peeta's ass. Not in a million years. I was better than that. I was a Capitol darling. I was a name known all throughout Panem. Athena Grey doesn't beg.

"Let's see." I hum, inspecting the rack of weapons.

Eyeing the silver whip, I hesitated in grabbing it, I hadn't picked up once since my Games. Too many bad memories were tied to it. Grabbing the whip off the rack, I rubbed my thumb over all the small buttons that cover the handle, all colored coded. But, I had no idea what they meant. There were four main buttons, a red one, a blue one, a green one and a bright yellow one.

Hearing footsteps approaching me, I look up to see Beetee joining me, his hands behind his back. Sending the older man a soft smile, I had gotten to know him over the years. He was funny and very witty. Always ready with a comment and some new invention that you could only dream of. Most definitely someone to look out for. What he lacked in strength, he made up for in creativity in traps.

"I see you have found your whip. That red button there releases the regular blades. That blue one releases electric shock and this green one releases poisonous blades. Deadly so don't let it touch you. And the last one, releases small copper wires that can be used for snares or traps." Beetee explains, pointing at each button.

'Red is regular blades. Blue is for electric shocks. Green is poisonous blades and yellow is wire. Easy to remember..' I thought.

"I can tell that you were the man behind this. It's amazing. Truly amazing." I compliment, smiling at the man.

"Thank you! This was a prototype I was working on in Three, but I never got the chance to complete it. I can only assume with how we are back in the games, the Gamemakers wanted it to be finished for you." He said, adjusting his glasses.

 Nodding my head in agreement, I already knew that I wanted Beetee to be my ally. No argument there. He was peaceful and creative. So it would be nice to have his brains in the Arena. Whether it be for crafting a deadly trap. Or for filtering water. And if I had learned anything the following years after my games, it's that intelligence can help you go far in the games. I needed Beetee on my side.