16.

"GOODNIGHT, JOHANNA

"GOODNIGHT, JOHANNA.."

--¤☆¤--

Skipping around the meadow, I hummed happily as Johanna giggled loudly behind me. It had been two whole days since we were last let outside, no thanks to the rain and thunder. Giggling as Johanna nearly trips over a log, I sit down on the blanket, soaking in the warmth of the sun. I was given a short break from the Capitol and chose to visit as many of the district's that I could. First it was Twelve. Then it was home. Johanna's District was the last stop before I returned to the Capitol.

Seeing as how she was the newest Victor and had yet to find a way to cope with her nightmares⎯and from the letter's and whisper's from her mother, it wasn't well. I was told that Johanna would wake up every morning at three. Sit down in the kitchen and drink tea with her Mom, refusing to speak or acknowledge the tears in her eyes. To say the least both me and her family were concerned for both her and her mental health. She was a tough girl, but you can only be strong for so long.

"Johanna. Have you found anyone? and I mean like romantically. So, no need for sarcasm." I said, twiddling with a small daisy in my hand.

"Nope! Now let's cut this little conversation about love short because it's far too mushy and gross for me to think about. Let's talk about anything else." Johanna huffs, cutting off me before I could argue.

Humming in agreement, I stand up from where I was previously laying down, letting the silky pink skirt tumble down to my ankles. Tucking away strands of my dark curls, it only makes the curls tumble further down my lower back. A few of the braids that Johanna made contrasting against the curls. Scanning around the field, I found myself looking at the large elk tree that stood on the edge of the large forest.

Hiding in the shadows of the elk tree, sat Finnick with Mag's, who sat there with her large flower hat. You could barely make out her face from how big her hat was, making it a funny sight. Waving at the pair, I smile as Mag waves back and me before tapping Finnick on the shoulder making him look up. Smiling at him, he gives me a sheepish smile as Mags starts to poke at his side.

"Okay then, how are your nightmares? I know that they can be really rough the first few months." I ask, patting her hand comfortingly.

"They are fine. I mean besides the fact that I keep on seeing the decapitated bodies of the people I killed." She said, her voice sarcastic making me frown.

"Johanna Marie Mason! Don't be sarcastic with me, young lady. I am trying to help you, but your attitude makes me rethink about giving you some of Hermes sweets." I said, giving her a stern look.

"What?! No⎯No⎯I want. But, Athena, please." Johanna said, giving me puppy eyes.

"No, I am convinced that you don't want my help or sweets." I said, turning my back to her dramatically.