6.

"YOU TOO, SWEET PEA

"YOU TOO, SWEET PEA..."

--¤☆¤--

Tracing pattern's into Finnick's chest, I snuggled closer to him as his arms tighten on my waist; making the butterflies in my stomach grow. The hum of heart rate monitor's echoed through out the room, reminding me that I was safe and far away from Snow. I was supposed to be on lock down, until I was stable enough to be integrated with the other citizen's of District Thirteen; but Finnick had other idea's. He decided that he needed to cuddle me, now that the doctor's and kids were out of the way.

"What was it like in the arena? After the incident." I ask, making Finnick tense beneath me.

"I⎯I had never felt like that in my life. I felt numb, but I felt at the same time the worst pain in my life. It hurt knowing that, I couldn't do anything to bring you back. It hurt knowing that my mission was to protect Katniss and that if I didn't do that. All of us would be dead." He explains, pausing between breaths; making my gut drop.

"I don't blame you." I whisper, taking his hand into mine. 

"What was it like in the Capitol? I heard whisper's from Johanna, but she refuses to tell me or the doctor's anything other than it was hell." He explains, making me clench my jaw; at the memories of Johanna and Peeta's screams.

"Hell. It was hell." I said, gripping onto his hand tightly.

"You don't have to tell me." He said, tilting my head up so that I could see the nervousness brewing in his eyes.

"No. I⎯I need to tell someone. I don't trust the doctor's yet⎯and I don't need the kids to look at me with pity. I wanna talk about it, Finn." I whisper, gulping down the lump in my throat.

"Only tell me, what you want." He said, as I nod my head.

"I woke up in a hospital bed. There was a lady, Dr.Page⎯she didn't tell me anything about what happened, or who was alive. I don't know how long I was out for, but then one day Peeta was taken to my room. They told us to get dressed, so we did. Then, Snow⎯He made me a offer. Preach about the greatness of the Capitol, telling the District's to stop this war." I said, fidgeting with his finger's. 

"I said no. I fought back then it was black for a while, I woke up in a room. Two concrete walls, with the rest being window's that showed Johanna and Peeta. Johanna sat in a room with water at her ankles, I found out later that it would fill up almost completely. The walls and floor would spark up with electricity." I said, taking deep breathes as I remembered all of the horror's.

"It's okay⎯" He said, but I cut him off.

"Peeta was in a room, there was a T.V on his wall⎯they had trackerjacker's floating around him, stinging him whenever his T.V. turned on. He would scream for it to stop. He would scream out for Katniss, until his voice was raw. The screams were the worst." I said, tracing pattern's on the palm of his hand; as a distraction.

"Then⎯Then, It started off as small clips of the Games. Of you⎯Of the Jabberjay's. I'd have to watch you scream out for me. Then, it got more and more personal. It showed clips of my friends, of Pixie and Milama. It showed their deaths. But what hurt the most was of you, calling out to me. Seeing the look in your eyes as you looked for me in that jungle. That's what hurt the most." I explain, looking up from his hand to see the look of pity on his face.

Shaking my head at him, I held back the tears as he looks at me with a look of both pity and concern. He pitied me. Blinking away the tears, I refused to make a spiteful comment at the look he was giving me. I hated it with a passion, pity; I didn't like it when people looked at me with such pity. It reminded me of coming home after the games, the looks that the adult's gave me as I walked by. 

I could still hear the whisper's of parent's explaining to their children the horror's that came with winning. There she goes..Pitiful little Athena Grey walking the street's, with the guilt and pain of knowing that blood will always stain her hands; no matter how many times she washes them. It was a burden I had to bare, and the last thing I needed was Finnick pitying me like I was some child. 

"Please don't.." I whisper, making the look on his face worsen.

"What?" He asks, his lips pulled into a frown as I shook my head.

"Don't look at me like that, Finn." I beg, making his frown deepen.

"Like what?" He asks, making it harder to swallow back the tears.

"Like I'm some kind of pitiful child. I'm a grown woman. The last thing I need is you giving me pity, Finn. So please don't look at me like that." I beg, as his face soften's up; his frown disappearing almost instantly.

"I'm not pitying you. I'm trying to imagine what it was like for you. To wake up in the Capitol being told that I'm dead. Thinking that everyone else is dead, until that interview." He said, as I resting my head back on his chest.

"It hurt for a long time, I think it was meant to break me down to insanity⎯but clearly it didn't work, I'm still somewhat intact." I said, trying to lighten the mood.

"I love you." He whisper's, as I break eye contact with him.

Drifting into a silence, I couldn't seem to bury all of the doubts and fear's in my head; they only seemed to grow. Looking down at our hands, a small part of me wanted to talk about the two of us; yet another part of me wanting to enjoy this moment. Who knows how long, we may have a moment of peace like this. Looking down at our hands, I take a deep breath and prepare myself for the worst case scenario.

"Finn. What are we?" I ask, nerves beginning bubble up as I thought about me and Finnick's future; that is if he even wants us to have one together.

"Whatever you want us to be, love." He said, making me blush.

"Really?" I ask, as he nods; leaving me with my thoughts.

Thinking really hard, I felt my face warm up and he starts to trace my lips with his finger; before tracing the rest of my face. Only for him to stop at my cheek, making me look up from our intertwined hands; my cheeks still warm. Pursing my lips, I thought about the war that was happening; just few staircase's below us, I knew that there was no stopping it. The Rebel's were ready for war, and sooner or later either me or Finnick; maybe even both of us, were going to be pulled into it. 

'We would possibly elope, promise our selves to each other..Enjoy our days before the war comes..' I thought, making up my mind.

"I⎯I want to be your wife. I want to be yours for the rest of time and I know that this war won't wait for us, so I want to be yours before it's to late." I said, voicing my thoughts; as he smiles brightly at me.

"Well, as you wish." He said, sealing our fate with a kiss.

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically in quarantine! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!

✨They getting married