9.

"GOOD MORNING, SWEETHEART

"GOOD MORNING, SWEETHEART..."
--¤☆¤--

Clawing at my neck, I gasp for air as my nails rub the skin raw, making my neck sensitive. Each time I tried to breathe, it almost felt as if I were slowly sinking underwater. Everything around me was cold and muffled. But there was no air for me to inhale, only an invisible thick liquid. Tilting my head back, I could have sworn that I had seen a figure standing above me, hands reaching out to grab me. Please. Please, help me.

"Help me." I whisper, my voice raw and full of pain.

Holding a hand out for them to grab, I tried to catch a glimpse of my rescuer, but it was hard to make out a face. I could get out what was pastel pink hair and cherry red cheeks. Blinking, my eyelids were getting heavier by the minute, making it even harder to stay awake. No. I need to stay awake. Digging my nails in my neck, I could feel the nonexistent air in my lungs get knocked out even more than it already was. It was her.

"Pixie?" I whisper, as the figure stroke's the side of my face.

"Athena! Keep your eyes open! Don't you fucking dare close them, please." She begs, but her voice wasn't her's. It was Johanna's.

Staring at her face carefully, I watch as her face slowly morphs from Pixie's to Johanna's. Her long brown hair falling in front of her face, instead of curled pink hair. Green eyes panicked and full of tears, instead of brown ones.

"Stay awake! Whatever you do don't⎯" Johanna shouts, as my eyes shut.

Gasping awake, I bolted upward in a panic as it felt as though all of the air knocked out of me for a second. Like someone stomped on my chest. Panting for air, I rub my face with my hands trying to wake myself up the best that I could. I can't fall asleep anymore. 

Sleep brings nightmares. Blinking rapidly, I scanned my surroundings for any signs of Pixie or water, but found none. Nothing but cold glass walls surrounded me, nothing at all. I didn't know if it was supposed to be comforting or not.

"ATHENA! ATHENA!" A familiar voice screams, making the hairs on my arms stand.

"PIXIE!" I call, looking around the room for her.

"ATHENA! HELP ME!" She screams back.

Scanning around the room again for her, my head snaps into the direction of the T.V as loud static fills the air. The screen glitches between static and a view of a concrete rooftop. Freezing in place, the screen shows a view of a large concrete rooftop, with small dots that I assumed were people. 

Zooming in, men in white uniforms walk around the rooftop, waiting for something. The video glitched for a second, then speed's up, showing a Helicarrier landing. The platform raises up to reveal a small figure limping down. I knew this video. That place⎯I knew it.

"ATHENA!" A pink head figure screams, gaining the much smaller figure's attention.

Walking down the platform, the young brown haired girl sprints into Pixie's awaiting arms. Tucking her head into her shoulder, the young girl begins to sob hysterically. Ares's body had barely gone cold and she was thrusted back into the Capitol. Stroking the blood soaked young girl's hair, she rocks her back and forth, whispering soothing words into her ear.