17.

"I WOULD, YEAH

"I WOULD, YEAH..."

--¤☆¤--

We had a plan. A good one. Go to the Cornucopia, gather supplies and continue on with our theory. Making our way to the Cornucopia, Wiress clung to my arm mumbling 'bad feeling' under her breath as we walked on the rocky pathway. I couldn't blame her. Going to the Cornucopia after all that had happened gave me the chills. Peeking her head over the edge of the rocks, she let out a quiet squeak at the choppy waves. Like she had seen something.

"It's okay, Wiress. I promise, it's just water." I said, rubbing her arm soothingly.

"Bad. Very bad. Death." She muttered, shaking her head.

"It's fine." I said weakly, trying to not show my discomfort.

"The entire arena seems to be laid out like a clock, with a new threat every hour. They stay only within their boundaries. It all starts with the lighting tree then the blood rain, fog, monkeys. That's the first four hours." Katniss explains, as we walk into the shaded part of the Cornucopia.

Now we just needed to figure out the rest of them. Know which ones were safer and which ones to avoid at all costs. Releasing her death grip on my arm, Wiress stands at the edge of the shaded area still within my eyesight. Sitting down on a rock, she tucks her knees into the chest and stares out into the water, rocking back and forth in place. Standing besides me, Finnick leans up against the handle of his trident, a lazy smile on his face.

"Wiress, you're a genius." Finnick comments, making her smile bashfully.

"Um⎯that tail points to twelve o'clock." Peeta said, pointing to the tail of the Cornucopia with his sword.

"That's where the lighting strikes, noon and midnight." Katniss adds, making him smile at her.

"Strikes where?" Beetee asked, looking towards the direction the tail pointed.

"That big tree." Katniss said, pointing to a large tree three sectors to the left of the blood rain sector.

Standing tall was a large tree, large vines and plants seemed to be dangling from tree branches, which were scattered sporadically. Making the tree stick out against the otherwise unvarying terrain. It was huge. I could almost see every detail from here. Squinting my eyes at the tree, I move my head side to side watching as the tree's bark shines. Like it was metallic. Or was that the forcefield?

"Good." He said, tilting his head to the side as if he were trying to form a plan.

"So what should we do? Stay here or stay on the beach?" I ask, tapping my foot.

"We should⎯" Peeta starts, but is cut off by Wiress.

"Hickory Dickory Dock, the mouse ran up the clock.." Wiress sang, cutting in the silence.