8.

"ALL REBELS AND REBELLION

"ALL REBELS AND REBELLION.."
--¤☆¤--

Aching pain, that was the first thing Finnick felt when he opened his eyes up; nothing but numbing pain. Pain in his chest, pain his his ribs, pain everywhere in his body. That's all he felt. The aching pain of knowing that only him, Katniss and Beetee made it out of that damned arena. Three out of the five of them.

The mission was simple: keep Athena and the 'star-crossed' love pair from twelve alive. If injured use any and all supplies on them. They were hungry? Hand over your last piece of bread. Keep them alive. That's all Haymitch and Heavensbee ask from him. Keep them alive. Keep them alive.

Keep them alive. That phrase wasn't just words that came from Haymitch and Heavensbee's mouths, those were an order. An order where he would have to put his life on the line for them. Keep them alive. That would be hard to keep true to. How could he keep them alive, when they were trapped in an arena that is just as unpredictable as the people trapped inside it? Maybe luck, or a small prayer would do for now.

Keep them alive. They seemed to forget that he didn't just walk into that arena as a tribute, but he walked into that arena with his Mentor. His only family. The woman, who took care of him since his parents death. Keep them alive. How could he save the 'Star-crossed lovers', when he is forced to relive every second in his mind of Mag's slowly crawling her way to her death?

Keep her alive. That was a promise he made to himself. Not to Haymitch. Not to Heavensbee. Not to Johanna. Not to the god damned Rebellion. But to himself. Keep her alive. That was a promise he made, on the night that Snow announced the Games. That was the only thing he thought.

Keep her alive. With tears streaming down his face, Finnick promised himself that she would live. No matter the cost. No matter what he had to do. That was his one job. Keep her alive. To think that these simple words had such a great effect on him. They were just mere words weren't they? Keep her alive.

Taking shallow breaths, pain bubbled up in his ribs as he breathed; sharp prickling pain, almost needle-like. The heaviness of his eyes wouldn't go away, no matter how many times he blinked; they just got heavier and heavier with each second. The struggle was real, from the achiness of his body to the heaviness of his eyes; Finnick Odair was slowly losing the battle with staying awake.

--0--

"WHAT?!" A loud voice screams, followed by a loud banging sound.

Snapping his eyes open, Finnick tensed up at the sound of the yell, every fiber of his body was telling him to run away. Reaching out for his trident, he found that it wasn't there anymore. Looking around frantically for his weapon, he found himself in a helicarrier, all weapons out of sight. Turning his head to the side, Katniss laid next to him, eyes shut with a breathing mask covering her mouth and nose.