6.

"JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS, RIGHT?"

--¤☆¤--

"With the parade over! You saw some of the tributes. Now let me give you some 'life saving' advice." Haymitch says, staring at the pair.

Nodding their heads in agreement, Katniss and Peeta had no idea what to expect at this year's Games. Sure, Katniss had watched a few of the Victor's Games, but a lot can change in a few years. They could have different fighting styles. 

Different personalities. She didn't know their weaknesses, many of them hide them really well. So it made her nervous to say the least. They were bigger than her. Stronger than her. Older than her. More experienced than her. She was doomed.

"Forget everything you think you know about the Games, okay? Last year was child's play, this year is going to be a hundred times harder than last year. You'll be up against experienced killers." Haymitch explained, the remote for the large television in one hand with a glass of whiskey was in his other hand.

"Alright, what does that mean for us?" Peeta asked, hoping that his voice didn't crack from fear.

Peeta really did try to be strong for the camera and Katniss's sake, at least that's what he kept on telling himself. Watching Haymitch carefully, he tried to take in any and every piece of advice that he could take. Taking a gulp of some whiskey, Haymitch looked over at an emotionless Katniss. She was staring blankly at the black T.V screen, her breaths were short and her eyes were dull. She was going to be a problem.

"That means that you two will need allies." He said, making Katniss's head snap in his direction.

"Okay, well I suggest⎯" Peeta started, but was cut off by Haymitch.

"You're not the problem." Haymitch argues, pointing a finger at Katniss.

Glaring at the older man, Katniss let out a scuff of protest at his request. Deep down, she knew that she would have to ally with someone other than Peeta but the memories of Rue's death was still fresh in her mind. It would be too painful for her to have to endure the same thing over again, last time it broke her in half. She was sure that if it happened again this time that it would lead to her death. She couldn't do it.

"No." She argues, her leg bounced up and down from anxiety.

"Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years." Haymitch tried to reason with the Girl on Fire.

"That just put's us higher on their kill list." Katniss counters back, making the man let out a small sigh.

"Do it your own way, but I know these people, you go it alone. Their first move is going to be to hunt you down. Both of you." Haymitch argues, emphasizing on the word both.

"Katniss, come on." Peeta said, trying to reason with Katniss.

"How can any of us even trust each other?" She asks, her voice a little more vulnerable now.