17.

"MOM

"MOM...PIPER..DAD..."

--¤☆¤--

Staring at the T.V. screen rather boredly, I focused on the crashing waves behind everyone. Since the video's started playing, I had focused on the small things that I never noticed before. Like the way that Beetee twirled a small piece of wire in his hands, bending the wire in different directions.

Or the way that Peeta's eyes scanned everyone else around him, before landing back onto Katniss. They always landed back onto Katniss. No matter what. Looking away from Peeta, the camera pans out to show the shoreline of the Arena, in the corner of the screen was the date and time. Day two, 4:15pm.

Tucked under some trees was the group, Katniss and Peeta were standing side by side. While Finnick was leaning against a tree with Johanna and Beetee at both sides of him. Using his foot to move some sand, Finnick seemed to stare off into the distance. He only did that when something was on his mind. His hands were crossed, his jaw was clenching and then unclenching.

"So, besides Brutus and Enobaria, who's left?" Katniss asked, looking over at the others.

"Maybe, Chaff. Just those three." Peeta said, shrugging at her.

Looking carefully at him, I noticed how his eyes were puffy and his cheeks had streaks from where tears would fall. He didn't wipe his tears. He didn't try to hide it. How did I not notice it before? Lowering my eyes for a second, I know that I've seen this clip so many times already, but it never got easier. 

The pain in his eyes, everything around him just screamed that he was trying to pull himself together. Hopefully one day we will be able to see each other. One day, I pray that I am able to kiss away the tears. That I'll be able to hold him and not fear one of us is going to slip away to soon.

"They know they're outnumbered, I doubt they'll attack again. We're safe here on the beach." Finnick told everyone, looking over at Johanna.

"What do we do? We hunt them down?" Johanna asked, looking at Finnick for an answer.

"Katniss, help me!" A young girl screams, coming from somewhere within the trees.

The camera zooms in on Katniss, her ears perk up 's as she looks at the tree's that surround her. Her eyes were wide and her mouth agape as another scream came from somewhere within the tree's. It was the scream of her sister.

"Prim!" She screamed, breaking into a sprint through the jungle.

"PRIM!" She screams, almost tripping over a tree root.

"Katniss! Katniss, wait!" Finnick yelled, running after Katniss; Peeta was about to go after Finnick when Johanna stopped him.

"Prim! Prim!" Katniss screamed, as she ran deeper into the jungle.