Prologue

(Here's the ORIGINAL Prologue that was never released. This is no longer canon as something that happened but they did end up having two kids.)

It'd been several years after everyone had graduated from U.A.; nine years to be exact. Many of the original first year Class 1A students had at this point become Pro Heroes like they'd dreamed. Some had even found their own lives and made families.

A young woman in her late 20s was leaning on an island countertop with her arms folded over one another. All along the counter there were baking supplies and frosting pipes ready. Her deep plum, undercut hairstyle was up in a bun, with bangs and messy strands falling past her eyes and the sides of her face. She wore a shirt that seemed too large for her, with a lightning streak travelling down the front. She wore a pair of dark leggings and mix-matched socks.

Her eyes looked tired—but still somewhat serene—as she scrolled through recipes on her phone. Although she looked tired, it didn't appear to be a depressed expression, more so overwhelmed. She heard a ding from the oven behind her, making her flinch as she turned around to grab a pair of oven mitts from a drawer.

She pulled out a pan with a simple chocolate cake, setting it on the counter to begin piping frosting in decorative shapes with different colors.

Large arms came to hug her around her waist.

"Rei is still asleep," a deep voice cooed to her. "You got up really early for this, even I wasn't awake."

"A mother never sleeps, Denki, not even if she wanted to," she replied with a light smile, experimenting with her skills as she dotted the cake with lightning bolts.

"Is this my shirt?" He asked, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Sorry, most of my shirts are too small now, we need to find a maternity store later on," she took a hand to her small, rounded stomach.

"I still think we should've named Rei, Denki Jr." her husband yawned. "Then our second could've been Rei."

"We agreed we'd each name one," she chuckled lightly as he held onto her tighter. "But I still like the name Rei."

"He's nothing like me, that makes me upset."

"How so?"

"Admit it, you like my chaotic energy."

"God, I'm so lucky he's not chaotic like you. If our second child is as big of a baby as you are I don't think I'd live another 5 years," the woman joked softly as she set the frosting bag down. She reached over the counter to grab a small candle saying the number 2. She set it carefully in the center, eyeing it to make sure it was perfect.

"Shoto called yesterday," her husband left her side to sit on a stool, laying with his head on the counter, his bright blonde hair falling over his face.

"And what'd he say?"

"He and Momo are coming. Their agency has been super busy, but he sorted everything out," he responded.

"It's a stroke of luck Rei was born a little after Joki," the woman spoke as she cleaned up the countertops.

"They're gonna be best friends, I can already see it," the blonde sat up and stretched. "Wouldn't it be funny if they made it into U.A. together?"

"That's about 15 years in the future Denki, hold your horses," she rolled her eyes.

"Rei may be quiet, but he's a fighter like you. Also—has a strange love with thunderbolts—" Denki rubbed his chin with a coy smile. "I'm totally his favorite hero."

"What if I'm his favorite?"

"I'm willing to win over his heart as his favorite," he retorted gently with his arms crossed.

"I'm winning this bet, and when I do, I'm rubbing it in your face while you take me to that super fancy, all exclusive, extremely expensive, seafood cuisine place," Kyoka hummed dreamily while washing the dishes. "I'm the one with jacks, I could definetly teach him some of my tricks. I'll teach Rei all your weak spots to jab you once he gains control of his quirk," she snickered playfully.

"Using my own son against me? That's pretty low," her husband's voice suddenly spoke behind her as he took his fingers to tickle her sides.

"Stop- stop that~," she clumsily dropped a plastic bowl she was holding into the sink, sending droplets everywhere.

"I know your weak spots too," a small grin grew across his face as his wife tried to push him away, he only wrapped his arms around her tighter.

"Den-Denki, stop-" she begged between stifled laughter, taking water from the running sink to flick water droplets at his face.

Their flirtatious laughter died down when their doorbell rang. Denki left to see who it was, finding Shoto and Momo had arrived far earlier than he expected.

"Did you just walk through a sprinkler?" A tall man with red and white hair asked. A woman stood next to him, carrying an infant in a baby carrier across her chest.

"Never bother Kyoka while she's washing the dishes, she'll purposely try to get soap in your eyes," Denki opened the door for them to step inside.

"Who is it?" Kyoka came from the kitchen, swiping her hands on her shirt to dry her hands. "Oh welcome Shoto, Momo—hi there Joki~" her voice suddenly changed when she came to squish Momo's son's cheeks. "How are you~" she babbled as the baby grabbed onto her finger.

"I haven't seen you in forever," Momo lifted her son to rest more comfortably on her chest, taking a side hug from her long time friend. "How far along are you?"

"Four months," Kyoka placed a hand on her baby bump, which was already noticeable. She shut the door as she glanced at a clock hung on the wall. "It's only 8 A.M., when you mentioned early we didn't expect morning hours early."

"Momo insisted we help out with the party," Shoto replied before his wife could even open her mouth.

"Where's little Rei?" Momo asked curiously.

"Sleeping, upstairs," Denki replied, coming up to Joki to say hello to him next.

"Sometimes I think it's crazy," Momo averted her gaze from her son in her arms to Kyoka.

"What's crazy?"

"How perfectly this situation turned out," Momo said with a smile.

"Perfect is an overstatement," Kyoka shook her head.

"You know, it wasn't just Mina and Momo, everyone could practically tell," Shoto gave a smirk at the two of them as he removed his shoes politely.

"Oh, that reminds me, Mina is also coming with Hanta, she'll be here later though. She tells me she has a surprise for Rei's 2nd birthday," Denki piped up as he left toward the kitchen.

"If it was obvious why didn't anyone else say anything besides just the girls?" Kyoka turned on the light to the closet, taking their coats to hang them for her guests.

"Sure, it was obvious but the guys aren't blabbermouths," Shoto replied plainly. "The only non-talkative out of you six was you yourself or probably Tsuyu."

"I never breathed a word, Shoto," Momo pouted while lightly nudging her husband.

"Yeah, but did you still know?" Kyoka raised an eyebrow.

"Well– yes. You didn't necessarily hide it at my summer cabin–" Momo dragged on her words as everyone laughed.

Kyoka Jirou had forgotten all about that trip, but Momo was right.

That was basically when this wild ride started.

-----

So originally, the end of the book was SUPPOSED to be at Momo's cabin. Are you guys glad or upset the kiss ended up taking 62 chapters lmao.