Chapter Fifty-Six: Growing Anxiety

It was Wednesday March 10th, two days before Yuuei's yearly School Festival.

"No, less cleavage," Jirou shook her head and gestured her hand for Yaomomo to go back.

"Is it odd I'm nervous? It's not like I haven't been in front of a crowd before, but I still feel anxious. Is that wrong?" Yaoyorozu asked as she slipped behind the folding screen to change.

"I'd totally be nervous," Jirou swung her feet back and forth from the bed she sat at before Yaoyorozu came out with yet another dress. "Hmm, no, too short," Jirou added as Yaoyorozu glanced at the skirt, then disappeared back behind the screen.

"Oh, this next dress might work," Yaoyorozu spoke from behind the screen, stepping out to reveal a pastel yellow dress designed with a conservative halter neck. It was snug and comfortable around the bust, and showed no cleavage. The skirt flowed to the floor like an elegant waterfall in light ruffles.

"Oh, that's definitely the one," Jirou gasped with a smile to match. "What's your performance look like?"

"So, imagine streamers, confetti, and lights," Yaoyorozu spoke while extending her fingers whimsically.

"I like where this is going," Jirou added.

"We're supposed to show off our quirks, and honestly, I don't know what else I could do rather than make the place look like a party. I know it's a pageant about the contestants, but I want everyone else to enjoy it too," Yaoyorozu sat on her bed next to her friend.

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea," Jirou replied before a knock disturbed the two girls inside. Jirou hopped off from the bed and cracked open the door.

"Kyo, you're not answering your texts," Ashido huffed at the door.

Jirou rolled her eyes and allowed her to step inside.

"I left my phone at my dorm," Jirou replied and flopped back onto the bed.

"Sometimes you're insufferable," Ashido folded her arms. "What if it's something important?"

"Then I'll just see it when I see it," Jirou shrugged.

Ashido shook her head while clicking her tongue in a chastising manner.

"Okay, well, before I start rambling, Momo, can I just say SLAYYYY!" Ashido squealed when her gaze landed on the tall girl seated on the side of her bed.

"Really? This dress is nearly a year old," Yaoyorozu said bashfully, pinching the fabric of the skirt between her fingers.

"Seriously? It's totally gonna be a show stopper," Ashido gushed a dreamy sigh before abruptly speaking full of energy. "And girls! We also proposed another party."

"A party? Like in the dorms?" Jirou lifted herself up from the bed and turned around.

"Yea, before the Festival, instead of us going to 3B, they're coming here," Ashido explained.

"Oh gosh, remind me to warn 3B about our resident perv," Jirou added tiredly.

"Well it'd be easier to tell everyone if you had your phone," Ashido seemed to stress her words.

Yaoyorozu ended up giggling as Jirou defended herself, and the rest of the evening went by smoothly. For them at least.

He didn't know where he was, but where ever it was, it seemed eerily familiar.

"You're ridiculous," someone laughed.

"What do you mean? You mean you don't bite into ice cream?"