Chapter Twenty-Three: Two Heroes Downed

"BRACE FOR IT!" Hagakure yelled as the boys looked back, finding Jirou with her fists together. With a quick glance to each other they split in opposite directions as Serpentine looked around confused. In the same moment, Jirou brought her fists to the ground, sending a shockwave that shook everyone back. Gentle enough to keep the property safe, but strong enough to effect the snakes.

"Get him outside!" Jirou yelled from the door as the boys shared another glance.

Kaminari knew Bakugo hated being told what to do, but he listened anyway.

"Hey you shitty snake, I know you wanna fucking bite me so do it," Bakugo held his arms out as the blue snake lunged forward, hopping back, Bakugo sent an explosion straight in his face, which only provoked him more.

"You annoying children!" Serpentine hissed, angered.

The pet snakes seemed to follow Serpentine's lead, reaching after Jirou and Hagakure as they kept their distance. A beam of bright light suddenly shot through the buildings as Kaminari made it outdoors, blasting the villain in the side of his tail.

"You called mon ami?" Aoyama blew a kiss into the air as he and the rest of his group entered through an alleyway.

"There'ssss more of you?!" Serpentine made a disgusted expression as he paused to look at each individual. The villain stopped to stare at Kaminari, making a frustrated expression after a few seconds and switched his gaze to someone new.

What was he doing? Was he observing his opponents before striking? He seemed to be switching from person to person, looking to Uraraka, then Aoyama. This person was playing tactical, smart and defensive, something Bakugo didn't enjoy.

"What the hell is this person's quirk?" Kaminari yelled out as Bakugo propelled himself upward in a large forceful blast. Now that they were out of the building, he could use his blasts freely.

"Don't know, let's find this fucker out!" Bakugo ascended from his landing, sending mini bursts of fire in the villain's direction.

The serpent-like villain hissed, glaring Bakugo straight in the eyes. They held what seemed to be an intense staring contest, and for about 5 seconds Bakugo never took his eyes off of him, trying to overwhelm him with explosions.

As if a switch was flicked on, Bakugo stopped firing. Kaminari watched as his explosions ceased from his palms, later followed by him collapsing on the ground.

Their strongest team member. Downed in 5 seconds.

"Bakugo!" Kaminari's gaze shifted as Jirou suddenly called out, reaching for Bakugo. "Stand down, his quirk may not need physical contact," she spoke sternly, propping Bakugo to sit up, trying to wake him. "Hey, Bakugo-" she checked for his pulse and gazed back up at the villain slithering around in circles.

Kaminari felt like his feet were glued to the ground. His mind screamed "MOVE" but his body said "NO". What if he moved and put her in danger? What if he moved and the villain grabbed her? What if he moved and messed everything up?

Rocks suddenly flew in the snake's direction as Uraraka lifted debris into the air for Sato to punch as projectiles. Aoyama held his usual smug expression as she shot bursts of light in the villain's direction, being caught off guard and hit several times. They left pretty nasty indents into his scales.

"If you were real heroessss, you'd understand what equality wassss," he swiped a tiny tube he seemed to have from the bag around his neck. Kaminari didn't get a good enough look at it, everything had progressed so fast he could barely process what was happening when the villain wrapped Jirou up in his tail.