Chapter Sixty: Their Last U.A. Festival

Outdoors: Yuuei's Yearly School Festival

"Knock 'em dead Momo!" Jirou chanted aggressively, making sure she was the loudest one within the front of the crowd.

The beauty pageant had started, and Momo Yaoyorozu stood in the center of the catwalk with a bashful smile and courteous nod to her friend. The perk about her dress was that it conveniently had an entirely open back, which allowed her to create items easily. The first thing she created was a smoke machine, which coated the lower half of the stage and crowd in a thick mist no one could see through.

As soon as she turned it off, the smoke cleared and revealed multiple confetti cannons and a stereo in the background, to which she flipped on and cranked up 3-fold. She wasn't only doing this for herself, she was doing it for all the third years. All the graduates of Yuuei.

"Let's see which U.A. Class is the loudest, huh?" Yaoyorozu held her right arm over the crowd as she walked by, creating little rolled up noise-makers that fell from her arms in timed succession, from her opposing arm flung streamers that flew above the students who cheered in awe.

Everyone's attention wasn't the only thing she was gaining.

A certain someone was gazing in awe, but not just with amazement and glee like everyone else was. They were gazing with admiration and love.

"Todoroki! Here, have one," Yaoyorozu quickly passed a little cone to him, he clumsily caught it in his hands before looking back at her. "Make sure our class is the loudest!" She smiled brightly before leaving for the opposite end of the stage, making sure to chuck some for the classes farther back. She started giving out cans of silly string as well, and pretty soon the students watching the pageant were coated in a plethora of string colors.

Unexpected couples seemed to form overnight. Todoroki had never seen Iida and Kodai be so close in proximity together, other than their study sessions of course. Midoriya and Uraraka were cheerfully hollering with the rest of the crowd; were they sharing a single cotton candy wad? Even Kaminari and Jirou seemed more friendly than they usually were.

Despite the two trying to lay low, it didn't seem to work for certain people. Especially a blond with sparkling, purple eyes.

"No, we're not doing that," Jirou shook her head while picking at her emptied food kabob.

"But, it'll, be, fun," Kaminari pleaded between light hops in his steps like he was a whining child.

"With your coordination I don't trust that one bit, I'm here to have a good time, not get my clothes soaked," Jirou bantered back.

"But the dunk tank last year was fun, why can't we do it again?" Kaminari whined.

"Mind if I help?" Aoyama slid right between them with a delicate hand on his chest and his other poised into the air like he was courageous royalty.

"Aoyama?" Jirou questioned as he looked at her with a cat-like expression. Kaminari felt embarrassing memories return to him, he kind of felt queasy just thinking about what'd happened in the fall.

"Yes, it is moi," Aoyama exclaimed heroically. "What about the photo booth Class 2C has over there?" Aoyama raised his eyebrows with a wide grin.

Jirou gasped and clutched onto Kaminari's wrist, tugging him toward the booth. Kaminari looked back at Aoyama with confusion, he only returned a light wink of his purple eyes, and sauntered off somewhere unknown.

"Okay, well they should be back soon to cover for us," Ashido had checked her phone.

"They're taking years, why are they late?" Sero said from the box he sat on.

They had already started the 3rd movie planned for today since the people filling in for them never showed up. The class decided to split each movie so two people would be there for 30 minutes at a time, the rest would enjoy their day doing activities.

"I don't know, I could always text Kyo but-"

"We're here, sorry, sorry," Kaminari replied winded out as the door to the back store room flew open.

"We already started the 3rd movie, thanks for having our backs," Sero spoke sarcastically, watching as Jirou entered the room a few seconds later.

"I said. . .I was. . .sorry," Kaminari said between his breathes, placing clutched photos he held in his hand onto a table, plopping himself onto a closed box filled with basketballs.

"Well anyway, we're leaving now," Ashido hooked her arm with Sero's and waved them a goodbye, catching a short glimpse of the photographs as they slipped outside the storage room.

The gym was pitch black and silent, the only noise you heard was from the movie and munching sounds of students eating food from their blankets on the giant, foam mat they'd laid out on the floor the day prior. Sero and Ashido fled through the back exit, arriving outside where other classes' attractions and games were spread out from one another.

"So I wasn't the only one who saw those polaroid shots, right?" Sero asked out of thin air.

"I'm glad you saw them too," Ashido giggled. "Now I get why they were late," she added, strolling down the pavement with him.