Chapter Thirty-Two: New Threat

They both yelled as several limbs appeared from under the support beam, latching onto their legs.

"Oh, some nosy, nosy kids, huh?" The woman with auburn hair craned her neck from underneath the metal. She had 3 pairs of arms, and her legs were somehow double-jointed, giving her the hideous appearance of a spider. Kaminari realized she wasn't wearing her coat, which was probably only used to cover the amount of arms she had. The spider lady noticed Sero frantically typing on his phone and decided to swipe it away from him with one of her limbs. "Haha, oops," she let the phone plummet toward the floor.

CRACK.

They both lost their footing and tumbled off the sides, she caught them by their legs, dangling them upside down as she scuttled along the rafter.

"I knew there were uninvited guests here somewhere," the man with bat ears was now standing, looking up at them as the arachnid woman crawled along the bars.

Sero looked over at Kaminari who kept opening and closing his palms in anticipation.

He knows he can't use his quirk as long as she's holding onto me.

"You know what's funny Dr. Komori, I think I recognize this one," the woman shook Kaminari to show the man chuckling on the ground. She must've been incredibly strong to hold both Sero and Kaminari, let alone herself upside down.

"From where?" Dr. Komori observed them as she wandered past, moving from bar to bar in order to find a good place to lower herself.

"This is the one who got that serpent caught," she twisted her neck to look at Kaminari. Her neck was also extremely elongated and flexible as well. "He's got golden eyes, the news cameras didn't pick those up, didn't they?" She came to a metal floor truss that merged onto the walls.

Sero and Kaminari exchanged a glance. She was right, his eyes were a blazing golden color, which was different to their usual amber. He could practically see Kaminari's anger in the sparks he created from his palms, igniting in his eyes, wrenching itself free. His sight travelled to his tense, balled up fists, watching as small, bright sparks curled around his knuckles.

He's forcing himself to stay calm so he doesn't shock me again.

Sero looked back up at the woman with dizzy eyes, his head spun and his vision blurred. Focusing on a limb, he forcefully kicked her with his free leg. She yowled in pain, letting him go as he plummeted toward the floor. Sero swiveled his arms, his eyes locking onto the closest object he could swing to. Ejecting his tape, he yanked himself toward a huge box, clinging onto it with his elbow. As soon as he looked back, he heard a piercing buzzing noise when Kaminari sent an electric voltage through the arm that held him captive. She let go of him too, clinging onto the wall shrieking.

Sero hopped off the crate, ripping the tape from his left elbow and attaching a new strand to a support beam with his right. Outstretching an arm, he and Kaminari locked hands.

"UOAHHA" Kaminari screamed as he looked at the drop below them. "THIS IS LIKE RIDING A CARNIVAL RIDE THAT DIDN'T PASS SAFETY REGULATIONS."

"Hold on!" Sero called down to him.

"I DON'T THINK I WANT TO LET GO," Kaminari clutched onto his arm as they made a sharp turn, travelling back toward the same window they entered. The arachnid lady had gotten over her electric shock, and was in hot pursuit as she lunged along the metal trusses that held the ceiling up. Every time Sero ripped his tape to release another strand, Kaminari felt his heart drop, because if he missed they'd easily fall. He trusted him though, he knew better than to think Sero would ever let him fall.