Old Chapter Eleven

Jirou stepped out of the room, multitasking by tying her hair up as she tapped down the steps.

"Well if it isn't the frisky lovebirds," Sero was leaning over the counter, watching a video Ashido was showing him. She turned around in her spot to find Kaminari yawning with Jirou just behind.

"Cat's outta the bag now Jirou," Ashido gave a cunning smile. "Did all my teasing do it or have you always felt that way about each other?"

"Eh, a mix of those two," Jirou put her arms down after fixing her hair in a messy bun, tucking a loose strand behind an ear.

"Damn, how hard did you guys go last night?" Sero reeled back at the amount of marks on Jirou's neck.

"Oh shit, I forgot about that," Jirou blushed, immediately removing her bun.

"You guys have to keep your mouths shut," Kaminari said intimidatingly.

"But why, if we already know, what's the issue with everyone else knowing?" Ashido whined.

"We got a bet, don't be the reason I lose," Jirou crossed her arms, leaning over the counter on the right of Ashido.

"Oh, what type of bet?" Sero asked.

"We chose people we thought would either find out first or last, whoever loses pays for a date," Kaminari answered while opening the fridge.

"I get it, and we don't count because we're just smarter than everyone else," Ashido said.

"Sure, you keep thinking that," Jirou let out a skeptical huff.

"First things first, if you wanna win, you need to hide all of those," Ashido looked over at her friend's neck.

"I think I'm lucky I have longer hair now," Jirou pulled her hair to cover her collarbones, leaving a larger section at the back.

"Damn Kaminari, are you a secret vampire or something, she looks like you tried to eat her alive," Sero laughed as Kaminari bonked him on the side of the face with a cereal box.

"Oh he's a fucking menace," Jirou joked playfully.

"Strong words coming from Kyoka," Ashido seemed surprised, giving a look at Kaminari.

"If you were starved for three years, you'd do the same," he poured out milk into a bowl before pouring the cereal.

"My god, you are a fucking menace," Sero scrunched up his face. "Who pours the milk first?"

"I do, don't judge. I want to know how much milk I'm actually using okay?" Ashido sounded offended.

"You know what I just realized. We got another night here. You think you'll survive a night apart?" Sero snickered mischievously.

"Well one of us has self control," Jirou spoke while looking over her nails.

"Guilty as charged, now let's change the subject," Kaminari motioned his head toward Iida coming down the stairs fully dressed in casual clothes. Everyone was still in their night clothes, but of course Iida would already be dressed.

"Good morning all! Jirou, Kaminari! Glad to see you're both safe," Iida waved enthusiastically with his distinct robotic movements.

"So the challenge starts now I guess," Sero dipped his head closer to the ladies to quiet his voice.

"This is more a challenge of how long they can go without one another rather than who'll find out first," Ashido whispered while elbowing Jirou.

All throughout the day Kaminari tried his best to distance himself. That, however, was definitely a challenge. He couldn't keep himself away from her even before the bet, now he had to do it on purpose.

10 AM arrived, everyone was just about awake, the early birds had arranged a small breakfast for all the people who liked sleeping in. Meant less food for them though. Someone's first instinct was to go out and dive into the lake though, soon enough, everyone else was outdoors too.

Jirou avoided the water, if she did that she risked exposing her neck, and she was trying to win. She never dove into the water, despite how badly she wanted to, instead she walked up and down the water's edge, finding shells. Kaminari took the risk though, he just never removed his shirt. If he did that the questions about the nail marks would echo in his ears for days. Kaminari walked into the garden with Kirishima, talking about the best techniques to make huge splashes. Kaminari stretched out his arms, cracking his knuckles and getting a running jump to do two flips into the lake. Water droplets cascaded over Jirou like an ocean wave, soaking her hair and shirt.

"Beat that by doing more than two flips!" Kaminari called to Kirishima at the top by the tree swing.

"KAMINARI!" Jirou yelled as Kaminari was smacked in the face with a wave of water.

"AUGH, I COULD'VE DROWNED," Kaminari whined helplessly as Jirou held a hand over her mouth.

If you thought they were doing a bad job of being discreet then you'd be correct.

Kaminari swiped at the water as Jirou ducked away from the second wave of splashes. Their laughing was cut off when a splash covered both of them in water.

"BEAT THAT ONE FUCKERS," Bakugo roared as he gasped above the water's surface.

Kirishima jumped in next, but his hardening quirk didn't help him like Bakugo's explosions did.

-----

I used this scene in the main story as well, just not in the same context.