Chapter Sixteen: Just Friends.

Kaminari was ignoring the movie, smiling randomly at his dimmed phone screen as the movie played in the background. He was hoping she stayed the entire movie so he could ask her in person, but leaving now to ask her seemed too suspicious.

No doubt Sero would be on his ass if he decided to go back to his dorm without the movie finishing.

Earlier during the day, Sero had mentioned how he wouldn't be going to the Autumn dance with him, nor would Kirishima. In the back of his mind he sort of guessed this would be the inevitable situation, knowing very well Ashido wouldn't turn down a dance was what lead him to believe his best friend wouldn't be hanging out with him this year.

Kirishima was a stretch in itself, seeing as Bakugo probably wouldn't enjoy the dance anyway and would most definitely mean they weren't going. This year though, Kirishima convinced his boyfriend, and even though they had been keeping it low for about a year, this dance would probably raise about as much suspicions as Kaminari was raising by going with Jirou.

His fingers were lightly shaking from how nervous he was.

What if she never even planned on going? His mind worried.

He hesitated before typing out a new sentence.

'hey, so can i ask you
something?'

'what?'

'Everyone's going to the
Autumn Dance. i was
planning on going with
people as a group, but
Kiri's going with Bakugo

and Sero with his girlfriend.'
'

r u going at all?'

'I was thinking about it'

That reply gave him hope.

'do you have someone
to go with?'

'Not really'

'do you wanna go with
me then?'

Kaminari felt anxiety dance in his chest. What if she didn't see him that way? What if she saw this as weird? What if she rejected him? He gazed at the "typing. . ." icon at the bottom of the screen before he quickly typed another text.

'As friends, as friends.'

His hands tensed up after he sent it. He hated what he had just wrote.

'Sure.'

'What time can I meet
you?'

'Hall by our dorms at 7?'

'hell yea, you already
know I'm bringing
glow sticks😎'

'Woahh ok, don't go
THAT far 😂 you know
what happened last
year'

'It was only a few that
broke, and not by me
I swear'

'i don't know how much
I trust that, but Im going
to sleep now'

'night'