Chapter Twenty-Eight: Broken Bond

"Yo, Denks," someone knocked on Kaminari's dorm. Kaminari propped his head up, glancing at the clock on his desk. It was around 5 PM, Sunday afternoon. It'd been one week. Kaminari looked back down at his bookbag on the floor, untouched and filled with homework he failed to turn in or even work on.

"Kami," the knocking became more incessant as Kaminari lifted himself from his bed, opening the dorm to find Sero.

"What do you want?" Kaminari gave a irritable huff.

"Did you not change out of your uniform?" Sero asked, concerned.

"What are you doing here," Kaminari turned around to faceplant back on his bed, Sero stepped in, flicking on the light and glancing at the papers that had spilled from his bag.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to come with us Tuesday," Sero pointed a thumb behind him, coming to sit down on the chair at Kaminari's desk. He folded his arms over the backrest, glancing over all of the photos on his mirror. Sero couldn't help but feel a pang of pity in his heart as well.

"Come where?" Kaminari muffled into his pillow.

"Well, we were just gonna go explore some stores on our way to that one ice cream place," Sero responded.

He saw the blond lightly shrug and shift his head on his pillow so he'd face his wall. The room fell silent, the only noise coming from Sero tapping his fingers across the chair he was seated backwards in.

"Kaminari," Sero's voice changed to a softer tone, Kaminari didn't move or reply. "I know you miss her."

He heard Kaminari give a short, wounded, exhale through his nose, followed by an equally short, sharp inhale.

"Is that what you came here for?" Kaminari spoke with his back still facing Sero.

"Huh?"

"To mock me some more?"

"What?" Sero said with disbelief. "No, no not at all," Sero felt worry seep into his mind. At no point in time had he never thought Kaminari would've seen him that way. Seeing him as a person that mocked him, rather than a friend to trust.

"Then why are you here?" Kaminari demanded.

"You haven't been yourself the past week," Sero tensed his fingers on the chair before standing to meet Kaminari on the side of his bed. "Maybe we can just talk."

"Talk about what? How the love of my life can't remember me? Did you come here to remind me that I'm a pathetic coward?" Kaminari felt Sero touch his shoulder and sat up to smack his hand away.

"What? What I said at the cabin wasn't literal," Sero reeled back at Kaminari's reaction. "We've been friends forever dude, I wouldn't ever actually mean that," Sero responded, failing to mask the tension he felt in his entire body.

"For once can you just leave me alone?" Kaminari said quite harshly, making Sero take a step back.

"Dude, we can talk about this," Sero held his palms out.

"No, just get out of my fucking dorm," Kaminari pointed to his door, which was left open from when Sero stepped inside.

"Kaminari, you can't seriously think what I said like a month ago meant anything," Sero stood his ground. "I'm not leaving your dorm."

"What?! It wasn't just last month, you say that to me all the time! You're so frustrating! Just get the hell out!" Kaminari got up from his bed.

"Kaminari, can't you just forget about Jirou for one second and talk to me?" Sero shot back before their yelling took a sharp, painful pause.

Kaminari felt his breath hitch in his throat.

"You're. . .you're really telling me to just forget about her?"

"You've been ignoring everyone, we're just trying to help you!" Sero came to hold him by the shoulders.

"I don't need any help, at least not from you!" A defensive electric jolt was sent through Sero's body once he touched him, he automatically let go and clutched his hands in pain. He looked back up at the blond with betrayal, noticing they shared the same look with one another.

Shock.

"Get out," Kaminari finished coarsely as Sero rubbed his palms.

He obeyed and stepped out, the door slammed behind him. Glancing around, Sero found Oijiro had exited the elevator, but was standing in the hall, staring.

"Is. . .is he alright?" Oijiro asked as Sero took a step away from Kaminari's dorm, turning around to sullenly stare at the blank door.

"No," Sero replied, his eyes shifting to his palms.

That really fucking hurt. Sero thought as he rubbed his left palm with his right thumb. That was probably how much he was hurting, wasn't it?

"I hope Jirou gets her memory back," Oijiro said timidly, leaving to head to his dorm. "Class doesn't feel right without her."

Sero heard the door to Oijiro's dorm close, and remained silently standing in the hallway outside. He listened as Kaminari went to lie back in his bed. Lie in his bed, and cry.