Chapter Fifteen: Overwhelming Feelings

It was the end of the school day, reaching the evening hours as the students of 3A gathered in the commons room. Others had disappeared into their dorms after dinner, but the rest had chosen to stay downstairs and hang out before bed.

Yaoyorozu and Ashido were in the kitchen after having offered to microwave popcorn.

Immediately after school, Ashido told Yaoyorozu about the magazine article, both of them nearly crying from happiness—receiving a few strange glances from their friends across the room. To their benefit, Jirou and Kaminari were actually downstairs as well, watching a movie with other members of the class. A horror movie as Tokoyami suggested, to Jirou's discomfort.

She wasn't a fan of anything scary or horror related, but she didn't feel like heading upstairs so early on a Friday. The other horror genre geeks were downstairs, as well as the people who just enjoyed a good scare; Tokoyami, Shouji, Kirishima—Hagakure had convinced Oijiro to join her—Kaminari and Sero.

"Mina? I thought you guys were getting the food, what's going on in there?" Her boyfriend on the couch turned back as he arranged the blankets for her.

"Yeah, we're coming!" She called back as a beep from the microwave prompted Yaoyorozu to pull out a bowl of popcorn, holding two bowls for other people, the girls returned to the television.

"We made four bowls, hopefully it's enough," Yaoyorozu said, handing a bowl to Oijiro and Hagakure, keeping the second bowl she had for herself, Jirou, Kirishima and Kaminari on the couch.

Ashido handed one bowl to the boys bunched on the floor, and kept one for her and Sero, hopping into the blanket beside him. When Yaoyorozu sat down, she noticed Jirou seated on one of the center cushions, with Kaminari on another and Kirishima on the end. There were other snacks people had brought, drinks and candy included. Yaoyorozu offered a small bag of chocolates filled with caramel, Jirou took some graciously, wrapping herself in her blanket.

"I'm telling you, watching something filled with mystery is way better," Jirou had fixed herself on the cushion so she was lying on her stomach with her knees bent and her arms dangling.

"Horror does hold mystery," Tokoyami turned back with a neutral tone.

"Mmmh," Jirou slinked back on the couch, resting her chin on the cushion. Despite her suggestions, Tokoyami was NOT budging from the movie he had chosen.

Her and Tokoyami had become friends over the years, mostly bonding over music or their gothic sense of style. They admired those traits in one another, and were often seen talking together whenever she wasn't with Yaomomo or Kaminari.

"You don't have to stay downstairs," Shouji said reassuringly as the movie droned quietly in the background.

"I don't have anything to do in my dorm, my work's all done and it's too early to sleep," Jirou answered, pulling a blanket she had over her head, feeling a bowl being pushed to her side.

"I have my own snacks, but I know you and Kaminari would definitely share so I didn't think I'd need to make another bowl," Yaoyorozu said sweetly as Jirou thanked her, taking the bowl to set on her right side.

As the movie dragged on, the students fell quiet, watching in suspense. It was a movie named Dusk, which in itself sounded very vague for a movie title, but for what it was, Jirou found it actually interesting. She was sitting upright now, with her red blanket wound around her body in a comfy pile. All the students simultaneously complained.

"What! Why are characters like this SO stupid, obviously if you hear something you go in the OPPOSITE direction," Jirou brought her arms out of her blanket.