Chapter Thirty-Eight: Abducted

After their meal, they decided it was late and left back for the dormitories before their curfew expired. It was around 7 PM, and the roads were a lot calmer now that the evening rush hour was past. Street lights and lamps lit brightly ahead of them, lighting the way back to their destination.

A black T-shirt filled with holes and grey faded tie dye designs tucked into a pair of shorts, black lace stockings with roses sewn into them were a part of Jirou's outfit. Kaminari pointed to the stars up in the sky his other hand stuffed into his brown, leather, coat pocket. The air dropped in temperature as the sun said it's farewell, and with autumn approaching the sun said farewell a lot sooner than it would in the summer.

Kaminari was lost in the stars, talking about how weird it was that Earth was so tiny compared to space, when he noticed the tap of Jirou's feet seemed to stop. He looked back, finding she had paused in front of a store, clutching the soft, orange plush in her arms.

"Wha'cha looking at?" He tilted his head to observe with her. In the front display case was a handcrafted guitar, made of wood and painted with red swirls.

"The designs on that thing are crazy, you'd have to be wicked talented to make swirls so symmetric," Jirou's eyes followed it's pattern with curiosity.

Kaminari smiled softly, glancing deeper into the store he found shelves with other guitar necessities, strings, tuning pegs, and some things he hadn't even the slightest clue what they did or what they were used for. His eyes landed on another display case near the counter.

"Let's go inside," Kaminari said excitedly, already reaching for the door.

"Wait- but the curfew," Jirou mentioned before she was yanked by the arm.

"It'll only be quick," he added as they stepped into the shop. Soft, indie rock played from the store's speakers.

The two were automatically overwhelmed by a distinct scent, Kaminari didn't know what it was because he'd never been in a shop like this, but Jirou seemed to be enjoying the place. A store employee came to greet them, and as Jirou began talking with her Kaminari found this opportunity to slip away. He knew what he wanted.

"Oh, hey can I help you," a laid back cashier at the counter asked with a chill drawl to his voice. He had long brunet hair he kept tied up. He wore a shirt decorated with skulls and goblin-like creatures puking letters that read "ABYSS".

"I noticed you have guitar picks," Kaminari pointed to the display case.

"Yeah, we need to restock," the cashier said rubbing the back of his neck. "Most of the things here are hand made besides the replaceable stuff, you want to what we got?"

"Sure," Kaminari leaned against the counter. In a few moments, the young man returned with a box. It didn't appear very big, but was very wide, when he set it on the counter Kaminari noticed the tattoo sleeve he had travelling up his right arm.

Damn, that looks badass. He thought.

"So what type're you looking for? The thin ones break easy, the mediums are all out, so I recommend a 0.85," he opened the box. Even, square boxes lined the inside with each guitar pick inhabiting an individual cubby.

"Um, a thick one then," Kaminari asked with uncertainty. From what Jirou had taught him, the mediums were what she liked using, but they all seemed gone.

"The top has all the thin ones. The bottom row are the thick ones, all 0.85. This one's a 1.20 though," the guy pointed to each pick.

Kaminari glanced through the case, selecting the same one he'd seen from the display case out the window.