Chapter Fifty-Two: Memories

It was the beginning of February, the weather was finally growing warmer. Jirou's hair had shortened to just below her chin, 5 inches shorter than what it used to be. With Hagakure's help, she was able to neatly sort it out as a cute bob-like haircut. Jirou requested she leave her bangs alone, so now they'd grown out and parted on the right side of her face. (Here's how short it is now :3)

Despite the desire to be a hero, Hagakure also really loved fashion and enjoyed being a novice hairdresser for her friends

Despite the desire to be a hero, Hagakure also really loved fashion and enjoyed being a novice hairdresser for her friends. She was actually quite skilled for being a novice too.

The Hero Course classes had all taken their physical exam to grade how physically prepared they were for hero work. Everyone had passed.

Now the real horror began.

Sensei Aizawa, and all of their teachers in general, became increasingly strict. These last 3 tests were what determined if they passed or not, and Aizawa was wholly dedicated to make sure each and everyone one of them did.

"Your practice written exam is planned for February 27th," Sensei Aizawa seemed more lively than usual at his podium today. It made everyone feel uneasy with how awake he looked. "We'll review what you've learned the past 3 years and on the 21st you'll receive the study guide. I understand it may only be a practice exam, but treat this as if it were your real exam," their Sensei added.

The afternoon bell had rang.

"Don't forget, the combat exam is the day after on the 28th. Prepare yourselves. Now, you're all dismissed," he waved a hand as the students got up from their seats. Another day had ended. Another day Kaminari had missed.

"Hey," he caught Jirou just before she pulled away from her desk.

"Hi," she responded with a subtle grin.

He had been trying his best to talk to her every day.

She had told him she planned to do something worse with those scissors and she was disappointed he'd seen her like that.

But it didn't matter to him. None of that did. As long as she was happy, he was happy.

Or was he?

"Sensei looked alive today, it's so uncanny knowing him," Jirou mentioned as they left through the classroom door. Students flooded the hallways through multiple doors, swarming like busy bees roaming around their hive.

"I think all the teachers are sorta on edge," Kaminari replied, stopping at her locker with her.

"Must be end of the year jitters," Jirou reached up for her bag and started packing her books and homework.

It was early afternoon, but late winter. This time of the year, the sun began to show itself sooner and for longer periods of time. Spring was coming up real soon, which Jirou was relieved for. She'd constantly told him that Spring was one of her favorite seasons besides Autumn. He preferred Summer, but he could see how she was totally an Autumn person.