Chapter Thirty-Three: New Hope

Tuesday Evening: Investigation Headquarters

A hand placed some papers onto a table, resting their palm flat.

"Uncooperative, he seems to have lost the ability to speak, as his speech patterns are infrequent now. The medical psychology practitioner says he's losing his sanity, for the past weeks we've monitored his actions and it appears he acts more primal in instinct and wary of people," a voice listed off what information was written in all the papers.

"So he's slowly going insane? Under your custody? How?" Another hand took the papers, tired, weary eyes reading over them.

"We're unable to pinpoint the reason why Shota," the officer standing at the desk looked down at the U.A. teacher. "No inhumane tactics were ever employed and he was given the proper necessities to live. We believe it's a psychological issue stemming from his quirk."

Mr. Aizawa skimmed over the documents, stopping on physical photographs and descriptions of his quirk.

"If his quirk is supposedly anything a cobra can do, why the hell does he have a memory wiping quirk as well?" He flipped through more pages, growing more and more agitated.

"We'd need more information and a signal from medical quirk experts to have the green light on this investigation," the officer shifted from his spot on the desk. "But we believe this man, this creature, is not human. Or no longer is."

Brenda's Ice Cream Parlor

"Maybe they just both left because they didn't feel like having anything," Todoroki mentioned.

The four U.A. boys were seated into red and white diner seats with metal tables. The floors were checkered and the walls white with light patterns travelling down the wallpaper. The whole place had a retro feel to it that really made it feel like a 90s movie.

"Naw man, they're both currently having a fight," Kirishima scooped some rocky road ice cream into a spoon before slipping it into his mouth.

"A physical fight?" Iida immediately turned to Kirishima with worry.

"No, no-" Kirishima quickly replied. "Well, I don't think. . .but they're just not on good talking terms."

Iida's demeanor shifted from rigid to a less tense look, but it's Iida, how relaxed can you expect to get from him?

"Are they okay?" Midoriya piped in.

"I don't know, only Sero's talked to me about it, and even then he didn't explain much," Kirishima added, all of them turned to the sound of the bell dinging as new customers stepped inside.

"Guys there's a fucking spider lady that tried to kill us," Kaminari hopped into the long diner seat next to Todoroki, forcing him to scoot and mash Kirishima into the wall on the opposite end.

"Why don't you just grab a new seat-" Kirishima said with discomfort, but his comment was only drowned out with more talking as Sero came over with a separate seat he'd pulled. He turned it around and sat on it backwards on the end of the table, resting his chin on the backrest of the chair.

"You guys don't know how tiring it is to carry Kaminari," Sero sighed.

"Shut up, that's not the conversation right now-" Kaminari argued before Midoriya brought himself in.

"Spider lady?" The freckled boy asked with wild curiosity and an equal amount of concern.

"She had SIX arms, we almost died," Kaminari exasperated.

"Well. . .I doubt we would've died, but there's something seriously suspicious about that warehouse and those people," Sero spoke next.

"Where'd you guys go? What did you even do? We tried texting Sero, but you never replied," Kirishima asked, leaning his head forward so he could see Sero from the end.