Chapter Eleven: Training's Over

It was Monday morning, nearly everyone sat in their seats, ready to start their second trimester of their third year. Jirou was sitting on her desk, her legs swinging back and forth as she chatted with Yaoyorozu about hero agencies. Kaminari yawned, stretching his arms over his head as he plopped into his seat.

"Hey dude, you look beat, did you not sleep at all or what?" Jirou looked over at him as he turned his head.

"Uh- yeah, I have to get used to my school sleep schedule again," he replied meekly. Truth was, he was only up later than usual because he was listing off scenarios in his mind.

He buried his face back down in his arms. It had to happen. It had to be this year. Otherwise, he might never get the chance to see her again after high school. Kaminari had a few fears, bugs, being isolated, silence; but what probably worried him most was losing her.

He couldn't imagine Jirou never sitting next to him again. Or never hearing her voice, never seeing her smile, her hair and gorgeous eyes. He couldn't imagine what'd it be like if she forgot about him. If she forgot their friendship.

The bell rang, prompting everyone to sit back down as Mr. Aizawa stepped into the room two minutes later, dead tired and drained of life.

"Good morning 3A," he mumbled as he slowly brought himself to the podium at the front of the class, yawning.

The following was a mixed response of students greeting him with good morning's; either enthusiastic, bored, or just as tired as he was himself. At this point in time, Sensei Aizawa had memorized his students' names and seating arrangements, so he rarely called attendance anymore. Saved time and the students wouldn't sit bored waiting for everyone's names to be called.

"As you all know, your 3rd year in U.A. is coming to a close as we enter our 2nd trimester," he muttered, taking a sip from a coffee cup he held in his hand and placed back on the podium. "You understand we've been building your teamwork and communication skills throughout your second year and 1st trimester of this year. Now we'll be putting that development to good use."

"Starting today, training sessions will be reduced and only held on Thursdays. Similar to your internships, you'll be doing more live work, patrolling streets. The class will be split in thirds, depending on which instructor you have, you'll be patrolling either the North, East, or West half of the city. Within the thirds, you'll be further divided into either pairs or trios, and each take on a section of your division. From this point on, we're focusing more on your role in society, compared to what you've learned as in individual hero your first years. Now that you have an impression on the public, it's time to build onto it."

"During this trimester we'll be developing your connectivity with civilians, society and other heroes, as well as discuss the business aspect of agencies and companies. Your last trimester, you'll be evaluated with the physical, written, combat and final exams. Although 3rd trimester is the shortest and most enjoyable, this does not condone any slacking. You are the students of Class 3A, the top of U.A. in its entirety, and we expect most, if not, all of you to graduate."

"But most importantly, once you leave U.A., you'll be one step closer to being the heroes people depend on, and the heroes to take on our jobs once we can't fulfill that role. Show me that you can do that," Mr. Aizawa ended with an additional sip of his coffee.

The class gave a collective "Hai Sensei!".

"Now do whatever," Mr. Aizawa crawled into a permanent sleeping corner he designated for himself, which now had a tiny shelf filled with instant coffee flavors, eye drops, and extra pillows. Next to the shelf was his famous yellow sleeping bag he had had since their first year. "Just don't be noisy," he buried his face into his sleeping bag, zipping it up and closing his eyes.