8. Friends

It was 8 pm at night. Nandini was returning home after completing her works. When suddenly she stopped the car in mid. She got down from car and bend down on road. A cute puppy was standing there all scared. He was too small and probably dint know how to cross this much busy road. She picked him up in her arms and caressed his back. He snuggled in her hands. She smiled a little.

"He's so cute." A voice came from her back and she jerked in fear.

"Hey relax. It's me, Manik. Why are you so scared?" He asked with concern to which she just wiped her sweat and nodded in no.

"No. Not scared. I just-you came suddenly so.." she fumbled with her words. Manik looked at her face. She looked disturbed but he thought to divert her mind.

"Oh sorry. I dint mean to scare you. By the way, what are you doing here? Is this pet yours?" Manik asked her. She nodded in no.

"I was passing by this road but this cutie came infront of car. So I got down." She said looking at puppy who has now slept in her arms and she was rocking it a little. Manik smiled finding the scene super cute.

"He liked you. Look how he's sleeping peacefully without any worries. Like he knows you won't let him get hurt." Manik said to which Nandini just smiled faintly.

"But what are you doing here at this time Mr. Malhotra?" Nandini asked keeping puppy safely on car seat. Manik frowned.

"Oh hello, madam! Did you forget my name? Why are you again calling me Mr. Malhotra. Come on, yarr. We are friends now na. Why this formality then?" Manik said to which Nandini raised her brows folding her arms near her chest.

"We are friends?" She asked.

"Aren't we?" He asked back. Nandini gave him a look.

"Question ko answer diya jata hai. Firse question nahi puchte." Manik shrugged and replied her.

"Main poochta hoon. I have my own unique styles." Nandini faked a smile and asked,

"Why? Are you from any other planet?" Manik returned same smile to her and replied,

"No. But I'm Manik Malhotra and I'm different from others." Nandini's jaw dropped down.

"You are so full of yourself, no? Oh God! So much of self praising." She said making faces. Manik laughed.

"You are looking cute with these faces. Keep doing that and I'll pull your cheeks." Hearing him Nandini widened her eyes.

"You won't dare!" Nandini spoke giving him a glare.

"Try me, Nandini!" He said with a famous Manik Malhotra smirk. Nandini was lost in him. He was a perfect definition of greek god.

Seeing her lost his smirked grew more. He snapped his fingers infront of her and she jerked off her thoughts.

"I know I'm good looking, dashing, handsome, hot and cool guy but that doesn't mean you'll keep staring at me like that." He teased. Nandini got embarrassed and nodded no quickly.

"I- I wasn't staring at you." She spoke stammering a bit.

"Yes, and I have two horns on my head." He said sarcastically.

"Huh, what?" Nandini looked at him confused. He laughed.

"Nothing my friend. Let's go home now. Aren't you getting late?" He asked not wanting to make her more embarrassed. She looked at her watch and nodded.

"Yes. Bhai must be waiting for me. I should leave. Bye." She said opening the car door when Manik stopped her.

"Arey friend ruko!"