33. Picnic Plans

Manik was sitting beside Nandini caressing her hairs. Soon Cabir came after having his dinner and signed him to go down. Manik nodded and left downstairs after pecking her head. Cabir sat beside her.

Ansh and Raj along with Niyonika was having their meal when Manik joined them. Niyonika served him too. They were having their dinner with some formal talks when Ansh's phone rang. He looked at ID and sighed.

"Ji bhai." Hearing this Manik's face hardened and he concentrated on his food. Other side, Abhi was yelling at Ansh.

"What's this Ansh? Where are you? Did you see the time? It's 10 pm and tonight also your sister didn't come home on time. Where the hell is she? I warned you both so-"

"Relax bhai. Take a breathe. We both are fine and at Malhotra Mansion." Abhi sighed but again got angry.

"I agree that you have made great bond with them but that doesn't mean you will forget your own home and family. You could atleast inform me. Amms also went Mangalore 2 days back. I was waiting for you both from so long." Said Abhi with a hurt. Ansh let out a sad sigh.

Ansh knew how his brother is. He doesn't like to stay alone. He needs someone around him even if he doesn't talk or spend hours with that person. From the time of their parent's death, he had locked himself in a shell but Ansh knew that he also needs someone beside him. That's the reason he and Nandini didn't left the Murthy Mansion despite of his rude, insulting nature towards Nandini. Ansh also knew that even if he doesn't say, he loves Nandini same as much as he used to love 3 years before. And he knew this too that this fact isn't unknown to Nandini. She knows her bhaiyu inside out.

"Calm down, bhai. And listen to me. I'm sorry I forgot to inform you about this because I was busy in meeting and later I got to know about Nandi being sick so it totally slipped out of my mind and I directly came to Malhotra Mansion." Hearing him Abhi was shocked.

"What? Sick? What happened to her? Is she okay? And why didn't you tell me? Why she's in Malhotra Mansion? Bring her here I'll call the doctor. You both-"

"Bhai.. Bhai listen to me. She's absolutely fine now. I also got to know after finishing my meeting. She was in office when she puked and was having stomachache. Thankfully, Manik went there at the right time and took her here. Doctor had checked her. And she is sleeping now." Abhi sighed other side hearing him.

"This has to happen. She had all that unhygienic street food. When she knows she can't digest that then why did she eat it? Always careless." Scolded Abhi. Ansh smiled faintly.

"She didn't had any street food from last 3 years. So, after eating something like this after a long time, this had to happen. Besides, her bhaiyu wasn't there to stop her from eating so much. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been sick." Hearing him, Manik immediately looked at him along with Niyonika and Raj. Niyonika, who was sitting beside him, gently squeezed his hand to which he blinked his eyes assuring them that he's fine.

Lump formed in Abhi's throat remembering the days when he, Nandini and Ansh used to go on beach and have a fun.

Flashback :-

"Yayyyyy, bhaiyuuuu. Kitniiii thandiii thandiii hawa hai yaha. Woww! And so much water." Saying this little Nandini ran towards the water waves spreading her both arms happily. Abhi and Ansh ran behind her.

"Doll, ruko baby. Don't go ahead. Bahot jyada paani hai vaha baby. Wait, we are coming." Abhi said worriedly while reaching to her. Ansh also reached at same time and slightly hits her head.

"You baby potato, can't you wait for us ha? What if you would have fell while running? Kitni baar bola hai tujhe aise dauda na karo? Kahin lag jati toh?" Ansh scolded her to which she made sad pout and hugged Abhi tightly. Ansh sighed.