16. Moments

Nandini was fine and sleeping while Niyonika was sitting beside her. It was past afternoon and She managed to send both the stubborn heads to their office as they were having important meetings.

Doctor visited and checked Nandini. She told them that Nandini was drained out so much that's why fainted. She prescribed some medicines. Giving her injection she told that Nandini will have peaceful sleep of 4 to 5 hours so that her mind will be relaxed. Hence Niyonika sent Manik and Ansh to their respective office saying she's there to take care of her.

At Evening -

Niyonika was reading some Magazine while sitting beside Nandini. Nandini coughed gaining her attention. She immediately filled the water in glass and made her drink. She wiped her lips with her dupatta carefully. Nandini opened her eyes and was looking at her with soft smile and adoration. Niyonika looked at her and cupped her cheek.

"How are you feeling now? Kuch chahiye? Hmm?" She asked lovingly to which Nandini nodded in no. She kept her head on her shoulder and circled her arm around her arm. Niyonika smiled.

"You know, you are just like my mumma. Voh bhi meri bahot sari care karti thi, bahot sara pyaar karti thi. Aapki tarah. Same same." She exclaimed like a kid. Niyonika laughed.

"Achcha? Aur kya kya karti thi? Tum dono bahot maze karte hoge na?" Nandini removed her head from her shoulder and nodded vigorously looking at her.

"Yes. Khub sari masti. Me and Dad used to tease her alot. She used to be jealous saying I love Dad only. Then I used to jump on her and shout kissing her cheeks that I love her too. Dherrr saraa!" Saying this Nandini chuckled and Niyonika also laughed.

"Achha! Toh aap mumma ko tang karte the haan? Badmaash!" Saying this Niyonika tickled her a little to which Nandini laughed.

"Haan. But I loved her so so much. Always. She was my best friend. Ab hum dono bhi best friends ban jayenge." Nandini said smiling softly towards Niyonika. She smiled back.

"Ofcourse!! Now enough of talking. Time dekha hai? It's almost 5 in evening. You skipped your lunch. So now tell me fatafat what will you have in snacks? I'll quickly make." Said Niyonika while getting up from bed. Nandini made a face.

"I'm not hungry." Niyonika glared at her to which she made sad pout.

"Yeh faces mujhpe work nahi hone wale. Health ke sath no compromise. You have to eat something. Tell me what you want or else I'll make some oats with Pineapple juice." Niyonika said and Nandini made horrified face.

"No no no. No oats. And Pineapple juice? Eww yuck! Meko nei pasand. Aap na, make noodles for me! Yummy! And then I'll have chocolate milkshake with extra chocochips." Nandini exclaimed. Niyonika chuckled seeing her excitement.

Someone watched all this from the door. It was Ansh. He had tears in his eyes.

These 3 years, Nandini never demanded anything from anyone. She used to have very little food. She never threw or we can say she forgot to throw tantrums for having her favourite food. Ansh was seeing the glimpse of his old Nandi after so long. She was like this only. Whinning, laughing, throwing tantrums. He missed her like hell.

Niyonika turned and stopped in a way looking at Ansh. He smiled at her faintly. She moved to him and cupped his cheek.

"Aagaya Anshu? You must be tired na? Go freshen up. I'll make tea and some snacks to eat. What will you eat?" She asked with a love.

His tear fell which he wiped immediately before Nandini notice.

"Anything you make for Nandi!" Nandini heard him and gasped.