37. Lonavala

All were enjoying the journey to the fullest. Nandini was enjoying with them, laughing, playing. But whenever it comes to Manik, she used to be hesitate which didn't go unnoticed by Manik and Ansh. Just the difference was Ansh knew the reason behind her behavior while Manik didn't.

They were playing games and now it was antakshari. Nandini cleared her throat.

"Guys, you continue now. I'm tired. Will take a short nap." Manik, Ansh and Cabir shared a look.

They knew the reason. She didn't want to sing. Scratch that, she doesn't sing from last 3 years. And Antakshari? She would never play.

But fab 3, who were unaware of all this, started forcing her.

"Arey aise kaise. No ways. You have to play with us. Please Nandini. You can't leave our girls team in mid. See we are already less in count." Mukti cribbed. Nandini licked her dried lips and tried to convince.

"But Mukti-"

"No ifs and buts. Please Nandini. Play with us na. We will have so much fun. Pretty please." Aliya insisted her to which she went restless and looked at Ansh who just blinked his eyes in assurance.

"Mukti, Aliya. What are you? Kids? Don't be a stubborn. If she's feeling tired then let her take a short nap. Don't force her. You sleep golu, don't mind them." Mukliya pouted sadly hearing Manik.

Cabir gestured both of them silently. They kept quiet. Nandini gave a small thanking smile to Manik which he returned back. She kept her head on window glass and closed her eyes. Rest continued their play.

______________

"Golu.. get up baby. See we reached to Lonavala. Get up, come on." Nandini heard Manik whispering softly. She smiled in her sleep.

"Mani.."

"Yes baby. Mani is here only. Open your eyes." Nandini slowly opened her eyes and found Manik caressing her cheek. She smiled at him sleepily which he returned.

"Uthna nahi hai sunshine? See all left inside farmhouse. Only we both are remaining. Chalo, let's get going?" Nandini nodded and got up from her sit. Manik got down from bus first and then helped Nandini. After getting down, he stretched his hands lazily.

"Aaah! So much pleasant weather. Feels relax. Hai na?" He asked Nandini while looking around to which she just nodded avoiding to look at him. His smile dropped. She started walking ahead when he held her hand.

"Mani, what are you doing? Let me go. All must be waiting." Said Nandini without turning to him.

He moved near her and turned her softly. She dashed with his chest but kept looking down.

"Golu.." Nandini closed her eyes shut.

"What's up with you? Why are you avoiding me? Did I do something wrong? Are you angry on me?" Asked Manik making her look at him. She faked a laugh and got out of his hold.

"What are you saying, Mani? Matlab kuch bhi. Why I'll avoid you? And angry? For what? You are an idiot. Thinking so much. Leave all that and come inside. Or else everyone will come outside to search us." Saying this she ran inside. Manik kept looking at her vanishing figure.

"Something is definitely wrong. And buddy knows it, for sure. Have to find it out." Whispered Manik and left behind Nandini.

____________

"Must say, your farmhouse is beautiful, Nandini." Said Mukti after dropping herself on couch. Nandini smiled at her.

"I second you, Mukti. Guys did you see backsite? My God! Such a wonderful place. There's a valley beside and the surrounding is just so so mesmerising. I'm in love with this place." Aliya chirped to which Nandini laughed.

Zehnaseebजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें