25. Outburst

Nandini rushed inside the room and drank water. Tears fell from her eyes silently. She heard footsteps and wiped her tears immediately. There was a knock on door. Nandini was facing her back towards it. Composing herself she replied.

"Come in, door is open." It was Manik who slowly entered inside and saw her standing near window. Her back was facing him. He moved near her and kept hand on her shoulder.

"Golu.." hearing his voice she widened her eyes in shock and jerked back. Manik gave her small smile.

"You? What- what are you doing here?" Nandini stammered a bit and moved away from him looking here and there. Manik felt his heart heavy.

"I want to talk with you." He said making her turn towards him slowly. She dint look at him.

"There's nothing to talk. And- and also I have to change. We will be leaving in sometime. You go." She said choking a bit. Manik sighed sadly.

"Golu please! Listen to me once. Please." Manik pleaded to which she took a deep breath and looked straight in his eyes.

"Alright. Say! What do you want?" She asked him coldly. Manik's mind warned him- NM alert, Manik. Be careful.

"I want your forgiveness." He said looking at her with a guilt. She dint say anything just kept looking at him with her blank face. He cupped her face gently.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my behavior, Golu. I'm sorry for my harsh words. I'm sorry for shouting at you. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for making you cry. I'm sorry for the all non sense I uttered. I'm really very sorry, golu. I'm really very sorry. Please forgive your Mani! Please.." said Manik with teary eyes and heavy voice. Nandini removed his hand from her cheek and spoke.

"Are you done? Hogaya? Or something left to say?" She asked him coldly to which his tear fell.

"G- Golu I-"

"You what? Haan? You what, Mr. Manik Malhotra? You are a jerk. A heartless jerk!" Nandini said pushing him back a little. He looked down.

"Why are you looking down? You don't need to feel ashamed. You weren't wrong. You said right only." Manik looked at her and nodded in no crying silently. She smiled painfully.

"I was the reason of everyone's misery. I'm still the reason of everyone's misery. And I'll always be reason of everyone's misery. Like Amms says, I'm a curse na. Bad omen. That's why. This has to happen. There is no fault of anyone in this. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have born with this cursed fate." She said chuckling humorlessly. Manik went near her and held her shoulders.

"Shut up Nandini! What non sense you are talking?" Nandini jerked his hands away and shouted.

"Non sense nahi! Sach! Mere zindagi ka sabse kadva sach! What you said that day- haan! Careless! Attention seeker! Right. Because of me bhai got hurt. Unko chot lagi. Because of me everyone was tensed. I made everyone cry. Bhaiyu ne bhi yahi kaha tha.. ki.. ki.. Because of me Mumma papa is dead. Soha is dead. I- I killed them. Fine! I accept! I accept that I'm a very bad girl with cursed fate. I accept. Because of me they died. Because of me everyone gets in trouble. I accept! I bloody accept!" Nandini shouted while wiping her tears harshly. Manik felt someone stabbed right in his heart. He cried nodding in no continuously.

"Golu-main.. Meri baat suno please I-"

"That's why I'm trying to keep everyone happy around me. You made me realise that how should I behave around. I will be very careful now onwards. I'll never let anyone know my pain! I'll never share my miseries with anyone. I'll never cry infront of anyone. But I'll always smile. I will always take care of myself. Like you said, all lives are attached with me. May be I shouldn't have been this close to all. That's also my fault but kya karu? Tarasti thi iss pyaar ke liye. Issi care ke liye. Jo insab ne mujhe di. I found my family in them. So now I can't hurt them by backing off! Because now I can't bear more accusations. I had enough. Bas hogaya! Mere bhi emotions hai. I'm a human. Dard mujhe bhi hota hai." Said Nandini pointing towards her heart. Manik kept crying silently.

"I will always remember that I have to be a smiling doll so that everyone around me remain happy." Nandini said looking at Manik. Manik looked at her for a moment and took her in bone crushing hug. He sobbed.

"Stop it golu! Please! Bas karo. Please don't do this to me. To yourself. I made mistake. I'm at fault. Give me punishment. Saza do mujhe. Khudko nahi. Don't do this to us please, Golu. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for my mistake. Please give me a chance. Only one chance. I beg you. Please." Nandini fisted her dress in her both hand tightly and pressed her lips to stop a loud sob.

"I'll make it up to you. Everything- everything will be fine. I'll make it fine. Just one chance. Give me a chance to rectify my mistake. Give me a chance to heal you, Golu. Please. Atleast for the sake of our friendship. Please.." Manik pleaded in the hug. Nandini broke the hug and looked at him for a few seconds.

He was guilty. He was regretting. He knew he was wrong. He understood his mistake. She thought.

"Fine. I'll give you a chance." Nandini whispered. Manik's head snapped at her.

"Wh-what?"

"I'll give you one chance. To rectify your so called mistake." Said Nandini looking at his eyes which was beaming with happiness.

"Really? I- you- Thank you so much Golu! Seriously I-" Manik was about to say further when she stopped him.

"Wait. I dint complete yet. You will get chance but you won't get your lost friend, your golu. You have to gain my trust and friendship again! And you can't call me Golu till I, myself ask you to. Manjoor hai?" She asked coldly. Manik stood shock.

"But-"

"Yes or No?" Nandini asked cutting him. He took a deep breathe and nodded his head with a determination.

"Yes. I agree." Nandini nodded.

"Alright then. You can go now. I have to change." Manik looked at her and nodded.

He turned to leave when Nandini spoke-

"Mr. Malhotra!" Manik closed his eyes.

From Mani to Mr. Malhotra! Serves you right, Manik!

"Yes Go- I mean Nandini!" Nandini gave him a look.

"NM. Call me NM. And shut the door after you leave." Said Nandini and turned her face.

"Okay NM." Saying this he left after shutting the door. Nandini let out a sigh.

Screen freezes.