18. Relations

Manik took a deep breathe looking at Nandini who slumped down on couch beside her. Her tears were hurting him but then, he has to compose himself. For her.

He kneeled down in front of her and took her hand in his. She was looking down all the time.

"Look at me, Nandini."

She just closed her eyes and sobbed more.

"Meri taraf dekho, please Golu?" Nandini immediately looked at him. Her face was pale, sweaty and full of tears. Still she looked most beautiful. Manik smiled while wiping her tears softly.

"Now tell me, do you want to forget your parents?" Nandini immediately nodded in no.

"I can never forget them. I love them so much." She said while choking a bit. Manik smiled.

"Then why are you running away from their memories, hmm?" He stroke her cheek gently. Her chin wobbled.

"Be- because it m-makes me remember that-that day.. when I- I lost them." She cried while Manik took her in side hug rubbing her back.

"Sshh. Calm down. Relax. Nandini, do you have only that bad incident as their memory? Why don't you remember your family times? Remember the times you enjoyed and lived with them. How they pampered you. How they loved you, cared for you. Why to remember only this bad incident?" Manik said rubbing her shoulder. She looked at him painfully.

"It-Its not easy, Manik. Main- I I tried. But whenever I remember our happy moments, same time I- I get flashes of those. Bhaiyu- He was about to k-kill me, Manik. Whom he loved like his- his own kid. Main- because of me- mumma papa-" she couldn't speak more and hided her face in his chest sobbing loudly. Manik held her tightly while closing his eyes in anger and pain.

"Hey, ssshh! It's not your fault, okay? You did nothing. Don't blame yourself for anything. Sssh! Calm down na. You aren't well already. Your mumma will kill me for making her baby cry. Please Golu?" Nandini's sobs decreased and she looked at him with her red face. Swollen eyes, red nose and Manik was again flat on her. He was like- Tumhare har ada par hum fida!

"Aise kya dekh rahi ho? Don't think I'll stop calling you as 'Golu'. Get used to it. I'll call you that only. Whether you like or don't." Nandini pouted at his tone to which he chuckled and took her in side hug again. She kept head on his shoulder.

"Not only this, but I'll pamper you just like your papa. I'll protect you, care for you just like your father. You will be my baby too. I'll never let you feel bad whenever you will remember them. We will make new memories along with old ones. I'm always with you." Manik said intensely caressing her hairs. She tilted her head a little and looked at him.

"Humesha?"

She asked again. Manik pecked her forehead before muttering,

"Humesha."

____________________

"Mummmaaaaaaa!!"

Nandini exclaimed loudly entering in Malhotra Mansion and ran towards Niyonika who opened her arms for her smiling widely. Manik and Ansh who entered behind her shook their heads. Ansh also moved towards Niyonika who was hugging Nandini tightly.

"Mumma, you know, I missed you soooooooo much. Dherrrr saraaa!" Nandini said kissing her cheeks. Niyonika kissed her forehead.

"Mumma missed you too, darling. How's my baby?" She asked caressing her cheeks. Ansh seperated them and hugged Niyonika.

"You got your daughter that doesn't mean you will forget your son, Niyo maa. I'm also here." He said breaking the hug. Niyonika hits his shoulder laughing.