5. Emotions

Abhi was driving the car at maximum speed breaking all the rules of traffic. Ansh was shouting and asking Abhi to drive more fast and was trying to wake Nandini.

"Nandi, baby, open your eyes. Look at bhai. See I, I'm crying. You don't like me crying na. You- you said once that I look like ghost while crying. See, I'm crying and looking like ghost. Won't you tease me? Haan? Aee Nandi, uth na." Ansh choked at his words and shook her who had lost her consciousness. Abhi's eyes were all red.

"Bhai, bhai.. she's getting cold. Please drive fast. I- I'm scared bhai. Nandi!" He sobbed hiding her in his chest and rubbing her arms to give her warmth.

Soon their car halted outside the hospital and Ansh ran inside hospital shouting for doctor. Abhi ran back of him.

"Doctor, Doctor!"

Soon doctor arrived and Ansh put Nandini on stretcher. Doctor checked her pulse and breathe.

"Her pulse is dropping. Breathing is dangerously low. Get her to ICU fast!" Doctor asked ward boys and soon they took her to ICU. Ansh was entering along with them when doctor stopped him.

"Mr. Murthy, you please stay here. I'll inform you about her condition."

"But doctor, she, she was so scared. She was crying. She needs me. Please let me come inside with you." Ansh choked while crying.

"Calm down, Mr. Murthy. Please let us do our work. She will be fine. We will try our best. Please." Saying this doctor entered inside ICU after patting Ansh's shoulder.

Ansh slowly moved back gazing at the door of ICU. His back touched the wall and he slided down on floor with a thud. Abhi moved towards him and about to keep his hand on him when he spoke.

"Thank you for helping me and sorry for disturbing you this late. You can go now. I'll handle." Ansh said blankly staring at ICU. Abhi's heart jolted. He dropped on floor beside him.

"Ansh, what are you saying? How- how can you say like that? Main- we are a family. You are my brother and she is my-" he stopped in mid abruptly. Ansh looked at him and chuckled.

"What happened? Why you stopped in middle? Complete your sentence na. Who's she to you?" Abhi turned his face away and kept quiet. Ansh shook his head.

"I got my answer. So leave." He closed his eyes in pain and spoke.

Abhi looked at him and then at ICU. His body was shivering. Throat dry. He tried to convince Ansh.

"Ansh, please. Let me stay. What if you need someone suddenly? How will you manage alone?" He said stammering a bit.

Ansh opened his eyes and looked at him. He was pleading him through his eyes. Ansh sighed.

He can see that Abhi was dieing inside seeing her condition but will not speak a word about it. His hatred was bigger than his love for his doll. He just gave Abhi a curt nod and again closed his eyes. Abhi just sat there quietly staring at ICU with longing eyes and wiped the tear quickly which left from his eyes.

One hour later,

Doctor came out of ICU. Hearing door opening sound both Ansh and Abhi got alerted. They rushed towards him.

"How's Nandi, doctor? Is she up? What happened to her suddenly?" Ansh asked worriedly.

"She's out of danger now. You guys brought her here on time or else it would have been difficult to save her." Doctor stated making them shock. Ansh asked while choking on his words.

"H-How she-"

"As you informed, she had a nightmare. Which scared her to the hell. Her emotions were at peak and stress level crossed it's line. That nightmare triggered her badly and she felt suffocated. On the top of that she definitely missed her medicine dose and That was the reason she suffered asthama attack." Doctor said.