15. Scars

"Mummaa!"

Hearing Nandini everyone gasped audibly while Niyonika was stunned. Did she hear right? She herself, in her full sense, called her as her Mumma? She was happy, emotional and overwhelmed.

Nandini was wailing loudly, crying her heart out hiding her face in Niyonika's stomach. Manik and Ansh got worried seeing her crying so much. Niyonika was caressing her hairs softly with tears in her eyes.

Niyonika was always a lovely and caring mother. After Manik's birth, she and Raj both expected a daughter. But it was Cabir. Not that they don't love him. He's as loved as Manik. But they both craved for daughter. And finally we can say that she got one in the form of Nandini. She felt blessed.

"Nandii! Sshh! Don't cry please. Your health will get bad. Please baby." Ansh said coming near her. Her face was still hided in Niyonika's stomach. He gently patted her back.

Manik too came from another side and kept hand on Niyonika's shoulder whose tears were also flowing. She looked at him and gave small smile.

"Mom, you are also crying. Please don't. You know na I can't bear your tears. And see she's crying so much. Only you can handle her. Please atleast for her, don't cry." Manik said wiping her tears softly. She nodded with a smile.

She broke the hug forcefully and made Nandini look at her.

Her face was all red, sweaty and full of tears. Eyes all puffy and red. She wiped her face with her dupatta lovingly. Nandini was looking at her like a broken kid who needed her mother. She was blinking her eyes looking at Niyonika.

Niyonika cupped her face softly.

"Ab thik hai mumma ki jaan? Kitna roya mera bachcha. Hmm?" Niyonika said lovingly while adjusting her hairs a little. Nandini just kept looking at her.

"What happened Nandu? Why are you looking at me like this? Aapko kuch chahiye?" She asked to which Nandini nodded innocently. Niyonika smiled and cupped her cheek.

"Kya chahiye batao aap? Mumma abhi layegi. Just tell me once. I can do anything for my baby." She said to which Nandini replied.

"You! I need you." She whispered. ManAnsh had tears in their eyes while Niyonika smiled.

"Bas itnisi baat. Mumma toh humesha hai aapke sath. Aap mumma ki jaan ho. And mumma will be with you forever." Niyonika said caressing her face. Nandini nodded in no.

"Sirf b-bhai.. Bhai hai. Aur koi nei hai. No-no one loves me. Sab- sab chale gaye. Ev-everyone left me alone. Everyone lied to me. Sab jhu-jhute hain." Nandini sobbed and Ansh's tears came.

"Nandii, bacha aisa nei hai. Sab hai tumhare pass. Everyone loves you baby." He side hugged her.

"N-Noo noo. You are lieing. Mumma papa said they will be with me always. So-Soha said.. Bhaiyu.. Bhaiyu ne bhi kaha tha.. fir bhi.. fir bhi.. Sab chale gaye. Bhaiyu.. he.. hates me. Aap.. Aap sab bhi jaoge? You will also ha-hate me? Nahi jaoge na? Please.. do-don't. I will not trouble anyone. Do-don't leave me. Don't hate me. P-please. I..I..beg.." She said getting hyper.

"No bachcha. Koi kahi nahi jayega. Koi mere jaan se jhut nei bolega. We all love you so much. We will be there with you always. Humesha." Niyonika said rubbing her back. Nandini looked at her.

"Hu-humesha?"

Niyonika nodded with tears. This innocent kid has gone through so much. Nandini wiped her tears with her fingers softly.

"Aap ro rahe ho? Meri vajah se?" Niyonika immediately smiled and nodded no.

"Nahi bachha. It was happy tears. I got so cute and beautiful daughter. That's why." She replied to which Nandini nodded in no and pointed at Ansh.

"Bhai bhi ro rahe hai. Manik bhi. Because of me? Am I bad? Did I make you all cry?" Hearing her questions their heart was getting stabbed. They all nodded no immediately.

"No Nandini. You are not bad. We are not crying see. And you are the most beautiful thing happened in our life." Manik said and Nandini looked at him. He smiled.

"But Amms said- I- I'm a curse. Wherever I'll go, they all will suffer. Bhaiyu- he- he also said that I'm bad. Very bad girl." Nandini said stuttering.

Manik clenched his fist tight hearing her while Ansh closed his eyes and took deep breath to calm his anger.

Amms and Abhi's words and behavior left deep scar on her. Though she never showed it, she suffered mentally.

Niyonika pulled her in a hug again and kissed her hairs.

"No bachcha. You are not bad. And you can never be a curse. See because you came in my life, I got a daughter. Manik found new friend in you. You brought happiness in our lives. So how you can be a curse, hmm?" Niyonika said and suddenly she felt her grip loose. She broke the hug and looked at her. She fainted.

Ansh panicked along with Manik.
"Nandiii/ Nandiniii!" Both shouted. Niyonika calmed them.

"Calm down you both. She is tired emotionally. That's why fainted. Ansh take her to guest room and Manik you call the doctor. We will get her checked. I'll prepare something light for her to eat."

Both gave her a nod. Ansh picked her up and left towards guest room. While Manik called the doctor. Niyonika left to kitchen.

______________________

Abhi was pacing in his room like a hungry lion.

Sahil! That douchebag! How dare he double cross me! I trusted him so much, Damn it!

He was thinking all this when he remembered that Ansh and Nandini was out all the night. He remembered Ansh telling Manik to take her to their home.

That Manik Malhotra! Why was he behaving so calm and cool around them. As much as he knows, he's a rude and arrogant. He generally never gets mingled with everyone. And Nandini, what about her? She was clinging to him so much. What was happening?

He shook his head and thought to call Ansh. His first call went unanswered. He dialled again. This time he picked it.

"Ansh-"

"What is your damn problem? Why don't you let us live in a peace, ha? If I'm not receiving the call means I don't want to talk, right?" Ansh snapped to which Abhi just rolled his eyes.

"I just called to know when you are coming back. From yesterday night you are out. Amms is worried for you." Hearing him Ansh chuckled.

"Oh really! Worried for me? Cut the crap and tell her I'm excellent because of her and your behavior. I'm feeling out of the world seeing my sister dieing bit by bit. Happy to hear this? Yahi sunne ke liye phone kia tha na?" Abhi stood up from his chair immediately and shouted.

"Behave, Ansh!"

"Don't shout. I also know how to. But don't wanna create a scene here." Ansh snapped.

"Where are you? And what- what happened? Sab thik-hai, right?" He asked hesitating a bit. Ansh fumed.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm safe wherever I'm. And I don't feel necessary to tell you anything related to my sister as she means nothing to you. Good bye." Saying this Ansh eneded the call while Abhi threw his phone on wall breaking it into pieces. He pulled his hairs in frustration. His eyes held tears.

"Why? Why did you do that. We all were so happy. We were together. You finished everything. I can never forgive you for this. Never ever."

Abhi thought and closed his eyes in pain.

Screen freezes.