14. Mother

Before starting the part, let me clear the age of all youngsters. I'm sorry I forgot to mention it earlier.

Abhimanyu Murthy : 29
Ansh Murthy : 26
Nandini Murthy : 23
Manik Malhotra : 26
Cabir Malhotra : 25

_______________________________

Everyone ran towards guest room. Ansh was the first one to enter and behind him Manik with his family. Ansh was shocked looking at empty bed.

"Nandiii!"

"Bh-aaii, bhaaiiii.." He heard her whimper and moved ahead only to find her sitting behind bed on floor, all curled up. He rushed there and sat near her.

"Nandii, hey baby, look bhai is here. What happened? Look at me dear. Nandii, baby sshhh. Don't cry. See everything is fine. Hmm?" Ansh said taking her in his embrace while she sobbed loudly clutching his shirt in her fist. Manik's eyes went moist looking at her condition.

"Nan-dini.." he was about to touch her when she shrieked and hided herself more in Ansh's arms. Manik felt hurt. Ansh assured him through eyes.

"Nandii, he's Manik. Open your eyes baby. He won't do anything. He's your best friend, hai na?" Ansh said patting her head.

Hearing word Best Friend she stiffenend. She loosened her hold on him and looked at him blankly. He wiped her face which was all teary and sweaty.

"Best- best friend, best friend- bhai.. best- friend- blood- dead- Soha!" She was blabbering this chant again and again.

No!

Ansh gets shocked knowing where this is leading to. He had used wrong word at wrong time. He has to do something to stop her panic attack. She was breathing heavily. He rubbed her back trying to calm her.

"Sshh! Nandiii! No! Don't think about that. Look at me. Everything is fine. Look everyone are there for you. Your bhai, Manik. Sshh! Calm down please." He said with moist eyes fearing for her health.

But it dint effect her. She was stucked at one point only. She pushed Ansh little and moved back.

"So-soha, blood- blood- best friend- slap- bhaiyu- bhaiyu- mumma papa- blood- no- no!!" She was shaking her head frantically in fear while shivering. Ansh was about move towards her when suddenly someone took her in embrace forcefully and patted her hair lovingly.

"Sshh, calm down baby. Mumma is here. Shhh, nothing happened. Kuch nei hoga. Mumma yahi hai. Sshh, relax bachha. Meri Nandu strong girl hai na?" It was Niyonika who couldn't control herself after seeing her heart wrenching condition. Nandini instantly relaxed in her embrace and hugged her tightly while hiccuping.

"Mu-mumma, mummaa-" She whimpered to which Niyonika held her close and pecked her head. Her breathing started to get normal.

"Yes Mumma ki jaan. Mumma yahi hai. Aapke pass. Shaant ho jao baby. Sshh." Niyonika rocked her little and Nandini snuggled close to her feeling motherly warmth. She slept within minutes because of continuous cries and tiredness.

Ansh was shocked seeing her relaxing and calming down in Niyonika's arms. She never let anyone else touch her other than Ansh when she gets nightmare. But here she slept peacefully in her embrace.

"Niyo Maa-"

"Sshh, her sleep will get disturb. Make her sleep on bed, Anshu. We will talk outside." Ansh nodded hearing Niyonika and gently placed Nandini on bed.

Manik was looking everything in a daze. He was too shocked to see her like this. Raj who was beside him just patted her shoulder gently. He looked at his father who blinked his eyes in assurance.