21. Regret

Manik was driving to the maximum speed on an empty road with a red face. He remembered her pale face, her condition after getting attack and his outburst. He stopped the car abruptly on a side and shouted loudly banging his fist on steering.

"I love you so much to let you go, Nandini. You dint do right. You shouldn't have skipped medicine. Somewhere I'm also responsible for your condition. I was chasing you. Only if I had known about your Asthama. I would never have done like that. But you knew! It hurts to see you in pain. It hurts." Manik said breaking a bit and his tears fell.

Suddenly his phone rang and he saw Ansh's name flashing. He sighed.

"Ha Ansh, b-"

Before he could speak, Ansh spoke something and Manik's expressions changed.

"I am coming." Saying this he started the car taking the turn.

_______________

Manik entered inside hospital running and saw everyone standing outside Nandini's ward. They sent Fab 3 home because it was very late and they were already tired due to journey.

"What happened, Ansh? Nan-dini? How-"

"Why are you here? You dint want to stay here right? Then why the hell you came back? Get lost. She doesn't need you." Raj said furiously. Niyonika rubbed his shoulder to calm him. Ansh and Cabir was looking at them worriedly. Manik gritted his teeth.

"Dad.. I-"

Before he complete doctor came out and all moved to him.

"Doctor, how's she? She suddenly fainted while crying." Niyonika asked worriedly. Doctor nodded.

"She's fine. Her bp dropped and because of stress she fainted. Did she see or hear something which triggered her?" Hearing doctor Raj looked at Manik dangerously while he looked down.

"Just a bit scolding for skipping the medicine, doctor. Nothing much. She's fine, right?" Ansh covered up. Doctor nodded.

"Yes, she is. She needs good sleep to relax her mind so I have given her medicine accordingly. But I will suggest you not to stress her. It's not good for her health. She needs happy environment. You can be with her but do not disturb her sleep." Ansh nodded while doctor left. Raj turned to Manik.

"Have you heard? Happy now? Congratulations Manik Malhotra for bursting your anger on a girl who is a patient. Congratulations!" Raj said to which Manik's eyes moistened.

"Raj, aap shaant ho jaiye." Niyonika said.

"Yes Dad. Manik is not to be blamed. She's sensitive so she couldn't handle his scolding. He dint know her health will get bad." Ansh tried defending him while Raj stopped him.

"Stop defending him, Ansh. You also disappointed me. You guys went too far. You knew she's sensitive still you allowed Manik to scold her? Don't you know his anger? Chalo maan lete hai gussa jaruri tha. Pr aise? Aur tumhari usey sabse jyada jarurat thi, Ansh. You just turned your face away from her. She doesn't deserve this. Not atleast when she's on hospital bed." Raj said disappointed. Ansh looked down.

"Dad- main.. I dint mean that.. Maine- gu-gusse mei-" Raj interrupted Manik.

"Go from here Manik. I'm not letting you meet my daughter. Who knows if you blame her for even fainting. I don't want her to feel like a burden because she isn't the one. Go home." Raj declared with a stern face while Manik's breathe hitched.

"Dad! No! What are you even saying. Main aisa kuch nahi karunga. I- I won't go anywhere. I will stay here only. Golu needs me. I can't leave her." Manik said frantically.