48. Tu Jo Hain

Ansh was sitting beside Nandini and talking continuously.

"Nandi, you know what bhai did today? He didn't want to have healthy food na so when I went taking lunch, he acted like sleeping and said- Ansh please I don't have appetite, mujhe bhook nahi hai and bla bla bla. But when I said ki I brought chole puri toh sirji ko bhook lag gayi achanak. Huh! Dramebazz. Phir na maine pehle unhe soup pilaya jabardasti aur phir chole puri khilayi. Hehehe. I blackmailed him. Nice na? Hume itne bade bade lecture dete hai healthy diet ke aur khud dekho toh." Said Ansh making faces while Nandini was sitting looking out of window. Ansh kept blabbering.

"Do you even remember what's in next week? Tumhara birthday aa raha hay. Maine toh bhai ko bol diya hai ki iss baar grand birthday party hogi. We all will enjoy so much. Kitni preparations karni hai, invitations deni hai. Aur Nandi, you tell me your guest list too ha. I'll give invitation accordingly. Arey main toh bhool hi gaya. Iss baar birthday gift bahot special hai mere baby ke liye. Are you curious? Tch! Hogi bhi toh main kaunsa batanewala hu. Hehehe. Surprise surprise surprise. Just wait and watch. You are gonna dance out of happiness I bet." Said Ansh and looked at her. She was very calm. Didn't react even a bit. Ansh sighed and took her in his embrace.

"Something going on in my baby's mind, ha? Bologe nahi bhai ko? Bhai aapke pass hai dekho. It hurts to see you like this, Nandi. Please let it out whatever you have in your mind. Don't supress your emotions from us. Please baby." Said Ansh with moist eyes. His tears fell on her.

Suddenly he felt her hands moving in the hug. He looked down and saw her eyes closed. She had gripped his shirt in her fist tightly. He smiled a bit and kissed on her hairs muttering sweet nothings.

Manik who came to see them was looking all this while standing near the door. He wiped the corner of his eyes before leaving from there.

__________________

"I think it's time for Abhi bhai to meet Golu." Said Manik grabbing the attention of Ansh who came out making Nandini sleep. Ansh looked at him while he blinked his eyes in assurance.

"Are you sure, Manik?"

"Yeah. I think so. It's been two days we all are trying but there's no change in her condition. Yes, she reacts sometimes but it is not what we want. May be bhai will be able to take out her emotions. May be seeing him or hearing him, she will express. She will cry, she will shout. That's what we want right?" Said Manik to which Ansh agreed.

"Yeah. You're right. I'll talk to doctor regarding the discharge of bhai. He said bhai will need bed rest atleast for 2 weeks." Said Ansh worriedly.

"Don't worry about that. Bhai will be fully resting in Murthy Mansion. Just once let him come here and meet her so that we would get to know how she reacts." Said Manik and let out a sigh. Ansh nodded and patted his shoulder. He gave him a faint smile.

_______________

Manik helped Abhi getting inside the room of Nandini. He made Abhi sit near her. He looked at both of them and took a deep breathe before leaving the room.

Abhi was looking at her with teary eyes. She was looking so pale, so fragile. His heart was paining looking at her condition. He blinked away his tears and sniffed a bit.

"Doll.." he called her softly.

She didn't look at him neither moved from her place. Abhi controlled his sob. But in all this, she fisted her dress in tight grip which went unnoticed by him.

"Dekhogi bhi nahi bhaiyu ki taraf? Itna gussa ho?" He asked with a shivering voice.

"Hona bhi chahiye. I behaved like that only. I deserve this. You should get angry on me. Shout on me. You should beat me. You should ask me that why did I do this all with you? Why I hided everything from you? You should do all this, doll. You should." He said sniffing. Nandini was silent.