28. Planned?

After Manik get discharged, he with Nandini left for Malhotra Mansion while Ansh left to the construction site as he was needed there for some interrogation. Nandini was driving the car while Manik was sitting on passenger seat. Madam had strictly warned him not to drive and sit calmly like a good boy as he wasn't well. And our hero had no option other than to obey his golu!

"Vaise, golu.. I wanted to ask something." Manik spoke looking at her while she gave him narrow look before replying.

"From when did you start taking permission, Mani? I'm not gonna eat you up. Ask ask." Manik chuckled hearing her and she made faces while concentrating on road.

"Okay so the question is- you were at construction site when blast happened. Then.. How? I mean-" Manik stammered in between. Nandini sighed.

"How I got saved?" Manik looked at her. Nandini smiled faintly concentrating on road.

"I was there with Nia. But Nia got a call so she left outside after telling me. There was network problem so she had to go out. I was busy checking out the work when I got her call. But again, because of network issue I couldn't hear what she was saying. So I came out looking for her. I saw her standing near parking area. I reached near her and at that exact moment, bomb blasted. So we got saved." Nandini said and looked at Manik. He let out a deep breathe.

"I'm fine, Mani. Don't think much about that." Nandini assured him looking at his worried face. Manik nodded with faint smile.

How shouldn't I think, Golu! It doesn't seem like who planted the bomb, only wanted to destroy the site or had any enemity with Mr. Mehta. Because bomb blasted when YOU were present there. There are 99.99% chances that someone wanted to kill you. The bomb blast was well planned by targeting you. And I can't be calm untill I find out who's the mastermind behind this. I need to have serious talk with Ansh. Thought Manik in his mind. Nandini found him lost.

"Oh hello, Mr. Day dreamer, where are you lost? Kiske sapne dekh rahe ho ha?" She teased trying to change his mood. Manik smirked.

"Hain ek ladki.." he replied with a cheeky smile to which Nandini gasped.

"What? Ladki? Who? And when this happened? How I don't know? Why I don't know? Mani you-"

"Ek ladki jo mere pass baithi hai. Always fights with me, always trouble me, always irritate me with her patar patar. Uske sapne dekh raha tha." Said Manik winking at her while cutting her questions in mid. Nandini's eyes widened.

"Main- Mere? Wh- What do you mean?" Nandini said stammering in between while looking on road. Manik bend near her face a little. Nandini felt that and her grip on steering got tightened. Manik smirked.

"I mean ki- I was dreaming a beautiful dream where..." He said making her more curious.

"Where..?" She whispered still looking ahead. Manik smiled cockily.

"Where I threw her in bath tub which was filled by different colour paints. Kitni Rangili dikhegi na voh!" Manik said dreamily faking an excitement.

Nandini's jaw dropped down. She looked at him angrily who threw his head back on his seat and was laughing aloud. His laughter added fire to her anger.

"You monkey! How dare you! You dream like this about me.. you na wait! You see very non sense dreams na. Now I'll show you how to make your dreams true. Just wait and watch." Manik laughed more hearing her. She whinned loudly.

"Aaah! Maniiii!" Manik controlled his laugh and put finger on his lip like an obedient kid. Nandini's lips curved up seeing his cute antic. But she changed her expression and stopped the car.