13. Suicide

Manik felt his head spinned for a moment. Cabir held his hand. He looked at Ansh and whispered.

"Sui-cide?"

"Yes. Suicide. Nandi attempted suicide. Me and bhai totally lost it seeing her state. She- she lost so much blood. We- we thought, she- she wouldn't make it even till- ho- hospital-" his words betrayed him. He was sobbing loudly.

Flashback -

Seeing Nandini lying in pool of blood Ansh ran to her while Abhi stood there still. Just 2 months before he lost his parents and love. Now will she also go like them? Yes, he dint trust her, he hated her, he was angry at her. But he never wished to see her like this. He loved her the most. May be he couldn't forgive her for what she did, but he couldn't stop caring and loving her too.

"Nandiii!! Noo!! Get up! Open your eyes. Look at me. See I came. Look at me na. You- you can't do this Nandi! No! I won't let you go. Noooo! Nooooo!" Ansh shouted while crying hugging her close. His sight fell on Abhi who was standing there with tears flowing from his eyes. He then looked at her and shook her.

"N-Nandii, Nandiii see, see your bhaiyu also came. Look na, he- he is crying. I am crying. You don't like it na. Open your eyes. Uth na, Nandu!" Ansh cried hard. Abhi came in senses and moved to them. He picked her in his arms.

"There's no time of talks. Blood loss is so much. We have to rush. Fast!" He said running out holding her. Ansh nodded and ran back of him.

Soon they reached hospital and Nandini was admitted in ICU. Both brothers were numb.

"Why? Why she did that? Ek baar bhi nei socha main- main kaise jiyunga. Kyuuun?" Ansh shouted angrily while crying and sat on floor. Abhi wiped his tears harshly.

"Very cheap and disgusting method of gaining sympathy. Except of accepting her crimes, she thought to end her life and gain forgiveness. Such a selfish act." Abhi shivered in anger. Ansh looked at him in disbelief.

"Bhai?"

Abhi looked away. Ansh just cried helplessly.

"Kya bol rahe ho? Kyu bol rahe ho? Kise bol rahe ho? Aur kis haq se? Lagte kaun ho aap uske? Aapne aur Amms ne toh sare rishte tod diye hai usse. Toh kis haq se uske bare mei bol rahe ho yeh sab? Ek min, ab mei samjha aap logo ne usey jail kyu nei bheja. Usey aise hi tadpa tadpa ke, til til maarna chahte hai aap. Hai na? Am I right Mr. Abhimanyu Murthy?" Ansh cried with anger.

"Mind your tongue, Ansh!" Abhi shouted back.

"Please don't shout over here. It is hospital. Another patients are getting disturbed." A nurse came there and said. This shut their mouth.

After 2 hours, doctor came out. Ansh ran to him.

"Nandi, how's she? Can I meet her? Hosh aagaya usey?" He asked desperately. Abhi too moved towards them.

"Mr. Murthy, she's fine. But she lost so much blood. You were here on time and luckily her blood group was available that's why we could save her otherwise-" Abhi cuts him in between.

"Jitna pucha hai utna hi bataiye." He said with a cold face. Ansh shook his head at his behavior.

"She's fine and under sedatives. Extremely weak. Both physically and mentally. Keep her stress free. Don't leave her alone. She will be discharged by a week." Saying this doctor went away. Abhi just breathed heavily closing his eyes and left. Ansh moved inside the ICU.

After half hour, Nandini gained her conscious. Ansh moved near her.

"Nandi, Nandi tum theek ho? You- you ok na? Is it paining anywhere? Should I call the doctor?" He was asking worriedly to which Nandini said something which made him furious.

"Why did you save me? Marne kyu nahi diya mujhe?" Nandini asked blankly. And thud!

She received a tight slap from Ansh. He was so angry yet having tears in his eyes.

"Why? Why you did that? Haan? Never ever thought what will be my condition? I don't have anyone other than you in this world. Main haath jorta hu tumhare aage. Please don't do this to me. Don't snatch my sister away from me. Already I lost my parents. If something happened to you then swear on you, I'll die. I'll seriously die." He broke down sitting on floor infront of her. She moved to him a little and wiped his tears. He looked at her.

"Don't do this again, please. Main nahi seh paunga. Thak chuka hu mai. I'm also a human. I also feel pain. Please. I beg you." He joined his hands which she held immediately nodding no. She sighed and was wiping his tears.

"I won't do anything like this again. I promise. I'll live for you. Don't cry because of me." She said to which Ansh just took her in bear hug and sobbed.

End Of Flashback.

All Malhotras were shocked and crying hearing their painful past while Manik was shattered.

She beared so much. She attempted suicide. Her brother and Grandmother hates her. Accused her for killing her own parents and best friend. What she must have felt?

"But Anshu, your grandmother. I atleast understand that Abhi behaved impulsive and immatured but she. She was elder na? How could she let all that happened? She could have make him understand. But She also blamed Nandini? She dint believe her own granddaughter?" Niyonika asked out of shock. Ansh chuckled painfully.

"How will she believe her when she never liked her from her birth. She was one of the old orthodox narrow minded people. Girls should not do this and all. She never liked the way all our family pampered her. Especially Dad. She used to say that Nandi is snatching Dad away from me and bhai." Ansh said with a disgust.

"Is she even serious? God! That's ridiculous." Cabir said to which Raj glared at him. Ansh saw that.

"Don't glare at him, Dad. He's right. She always behaved like this. And that tragic incident was last straw for her behavior. After that she filled bhai's ears too." He said. No one was getting what to say. Ansh looked at Manik who looked lost.

"Uss din kya hua tha, kisne kiya tha? Kyu kiya tha yeh aajtak kisiko nahi pata sivay Nandini. I tried many times to know about that but she dint let me. She just used to avoid that topic or simply ignore me." He said and kept his hand on Manik's. Manik looked at him.

"I know you love her. Tumhari aakhon mei dikhta hai. The way you behave around her explains everything. And as a brother I'm very happy for Nandi. Because you love her." Manik just patted his hand.

"But as a best friend, I'm scared for you, Manik. You are loving a soul who has forgot how to live a life. She lives a robotic life just to survive herself. Healing her will not be easy, Manik. It will be very painfull. Abhi toh sirf humare hisse ka past suna hai aur yeh halat hai tumhari. Uss ka past sunn paoge? Jab voh open up hogi, uska pain, uska dard. Sab kuch dekh paoge? Toote hue kaanch ki tukdo ki tarah bikhar chuki hai voh, usey savarna bahot mushkil hoga. Bahot jyada. You can get hurt on the way. Will you able to bear that?" Ansh asked him to which he gave him faint smile.

"Pyaar kiya hai, Ansh. Timepass nahi. I trust her. I trust on myself. On my love. Usey itna pyaar aur khushiya dunga ki voh apne sare ghum bhool jayegi. Uske sare dard haske jhelunga. Uspar ek aanch tak nahi aane dunga. I will heal her no matter what it takes from me. I don't care if I get hurt in the process. My love will give me strength to pass all hurdles coming in the way." Manik said to which Ansh hugged him tight. Niyonika wiped her tears while Raj and Cabir smiled.

"Thank you so much, buddy. You don't know what you are doing for me. I owe you my whole life." Ansh said and Manik smacked his head. Ansh hissed.

"Aaouuww"

"Chup kar. Calling me buddy and thanking also. Bas itni hi kadar ki mere dosti ki?" Manik asked faking anger to which Ansh pouted sadly making faces.

"Niyo Maa, look he's beating me." Everyone giggled except Manik who shook his head at his drama.

"Manik don't trouble him. My Anshu is-"

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Bhaiiiiiiii!! Bachaooo!!"

They heard a heart wrenchimg scream and gets shocked. It was Nandini.

"Nandi!" Ansh whispered her name and ran towards guest room followed by all others.

Screen freezes.