11. Revelation

Manik ran to Ansh and held his hands. He was looking pale.

"Buddy, are you okay?" Manik asked with a concern. Ansh gave him faint smile and nodded. Manik then made him sat on couch while Niyonika gave him water.

"Where's Nandi, Manik? I want to see her first." Ansh said worriedly. Manik kept hand on his shoulder.

"She's fine and sleeping in guest room. Let her rest for now." Ansh nodded.

"Ansh, I know there's something big reason for your cousin and grandmother's hatred towards Nandini. What is it, son? This is so confusing." Raj asked with tensed face. Niyonika nodded.

"Why so much hatred for that fragile girl, Anshu? Her innocence and pure heart can be seen by her face. She's the rude NM for world but so fragile from inside. I can feel that. What's the reason behind this?" Niyonika asked with a motherly concern.

Ansh went near her and sat on his knees keeping his head on her lap. Manik and Raj shared worried look while Cabir was fearing to hear the worst. Niyonika caressed his hairs lovingly.

"You are right, Niyo Maa. This NM is just a facade. My real Nandi is buried deep inside her. She has locked my Nandi and isn't ready to break those walls around her." Ansh said with moist eyes.

"My Nandi was a pure, innocent soul. A bubbly and most pampered naughtiest child of house. She was Papa's Princess, Mumma's Nandu, bhai's baby doll and mine Nandi. My baby." He said smiling a little remembering old days.

"Aapko pata hai, bhai na, he was closest person to Nandi. More than me or Papa. I always used to feel jealous of their bond. Both were hell possessive and protective towards each other. Not that they ignored me ever but their bond was something beyond brother and sister. He was her superhero. Main bachpan se Nandi ke sath pranks aur sharartein karta tha. Bhai mujhko daant dete the. He couldn't bear single tear in her eyes." Ansh said chuckling with tears.

"Shayad meri hi nazar lag gayi, unke rishte ko." Ansh said to which everyone gasped.

"Buddy, what nonsense, kya bol raha hai?" Ansh sniffed and looked at Manik.

"Sahi bol raha hu, buddy. Their bond wasn't so weak to break. But a storm came and everything got ruined." Ansh said lost in memories.

Flashback -

"Nahi nahi nahi! Mujhe jana hai matlab jana hi hain. Please papa." Nandini was whinning roaming around her father. Anand sighed.

"Princess, try to understand papa, please? Achcha tell me did I ever say NO for anything you asked?" Nandini nodded in no sadly. Anand smiled and made her sit beside him.

"Toh listen this one time. Don't argue, beta. Papa promise, he will take you, mumma, bhaiyu and bhai for outing." Nandini looked at him sadly and nodded. Later she went to her room and got busy with her music instruments.

Her friends were going for outing and she also wanted to go. But Anand Murthy was disturbed for some unknown reason and wasn't ready to let her go. Nandini's education completed last year only and now she was making a music album. Nandini got music from her mother. She was a great singer. Nandini had passed her MBA with a flying grades. But as music was her first love, she gave first priority to it. Anand insisted her many times for joining their company but she politely denied saying she wanna stand on her own feet. Anand was proud of her.

"What's the matter Anand? I'm seeing you from last few days. You look stressed. Any tension? Aur abhi Nandu ko bhi jane se mana kar diya." Shalini asked worriedly giving him coffee and settling beside him. Anand sighed.

"Shalu, princess has grown up now but her heart is still of child. Pure, innocent. She doesn't understand the cruelty and harsh reality of this world. I fear anyone would break her fragile heart and we will loose our Princess." Anand expressed his worry. Shalini smiled.

"Our princess is pure hearted, innocent but not weak, Anand. She is strong. She knows how to fight back for herself. And I know you. This isn't the actual reason. There's something else, too. What is it, Anand?"

Anand closed his eyes and opened after taking a deep breathe.

"One psycho is a back of our, Princess." He dropped a bomb. Shalini gasped.

"What?"

"Yes. His name is Aryaman Khurana. He's soha's brother." And here comes another shock.

"What are you saying? Soha? Our Soha? Nandu's bestfriend?" Shalini asled with a shock. Anand nodded.

"Yes. He's her brother. He has seen Nandini many times during her concerts, with soha, in college. He's obsessed with her. He wants her at any cost." Anand stated. Shalini held his hand getting scared. Anand looked at her and took her in a side hug.

"Anand, our Nandu. I don't want to loose her. Do something, please." She cried. Anand rubbed her back.

"I won't let anyone touch our princess. You think I would let anyone harm her when I'm alive? Never. She's my heartbeat." Anand spoke looking out of window. Shalini looked at his face.

"I know you are also scared, Anand. Don't keep it inside." Shalini said to which a tear left his eyes.

"We have nourished her like a flower, Shalu. This guy, he said me that he will take away my daughter infront of my eyes and I won't be able to do anything." He clenched his fist in anger.

"Nandini is my pride, my respect, my everything. I won't leave anyone who will try to destroy it. Main apni bachi par ek anch tak nahi ane dunga." Shalini nodded wiping her tears.

"I trust you, Anand. I know you will always protect her."

"I have appointed 2 bodyguards for her who will follow her secretly. I don't want her to know all this and live in fear." Shalini nodded agreeing with him.

"Voh darr jayegi. Let's keep her away from all this. But atleast tell Abhi and Ansh. They should know this." Shalini said to which Anand nodded.

"They both are out for important deal. I'll talk with them once they return to India." Shalini nodded.

End Of Flashback -

"But God had planned something else." Said Ansh making everyone more confuse.

"What do you mean?" Raj asked.

"The day we returned to India had turned the worst day of our life." Ansh stated.

"You mean, Nandini's father never told you both about Aryaman?" Manik asked. Ansh shook his head.

"He just left a voice note on the same day when we were returning home stating that always protect Nandi no matter what. And mentioned Aryaman's name and about his threat." Ansh said making them more confused.

"But why voice note? Why dint he tell directly when you guys reached?" Cabir asked suddenly. Ansh's tears fell.

"Because when we reached home everything was finished already. We were late." Said Ansh making Manik scared.

"Say clearly Ansh."

"When we entered inside at the same moment we heard two gunshots and Mumma papa was shot infront of us." He said making all shock.

"But who shooted them? Aryaman? And where was Nandini?" Manik asked impatiently.

"Nandini was standing there holding gun with closed eyes!"

Ansh dropped bomb making everyone numb at their place.

Screen freezes.