Connor Pt. 5

We got home around 10, with a bunch of Chili's Nachos and salsa along with everyone's orders of food. It had started snowing, and by the time we got inside it was freezing and the snow was 3 inches deep already. Currently we all sat in the living room, huddled in as many blankets with the heater on, watching Christmas movies. It was December 15th, and this as the kids last week before Christmas break. I didn't want them to miss a day of school, but if they don't feel up to it tomorrow I won't force them to go, especially with the stress of the house and their dad.

"Why did that snowman come to life? Androids were not thought of during this time and biocomponents wouldn't be able to just run in sno-" We all looked at Connor before laughter filled the room. He looked between all of us with a cute confused face, "what?"

"Sweetie, it's Frosty the Snowman, he comes to life because the hat the kids put on him is magical. It was a popular movie when Hank was a kid and I just watched it because I liked older things when I was little, and my parents made me watch that stuff a lot." I was giggling while talking, while Connor furrowed his eyebrows but nodded nonetheless. Everyone else's laughing died down and soon we continued the movie while eating.

"I think Sammy is ready to go to bed mom," Ellie leaned in and whispered to me after about 45 minutes, and I looked over to see Sammy leaned back onto the couch, his eyes closed and his mouth opened wide while he drooled. I stifled a laugh before getting up and trying not to trip over all the blankets, scooping up the boy and making my way into Cole's old room. Ellie came in with me, grabbing some pajamas and going into the bathroom.

"Goodnight, I love you." I whispered and kissed the boy on the forehead after making sure he was all tucked in and warm. I did the same to Ellie, and when I came out I saw Hank and Connor playing with the dogs. They were putting a blanket over their heads and seeing who would get out from under it faster. Willow was hyper, getting out from under the blanket super fast and then running around while Sumo just shrugged the blanket off and made a loud huffing noise.

"Well, I think the kids are going to school tomorrow, we have paperwork to do from that case from earlier tomorrow huh?" I announced. Paperwork is so annoying, but it's also relaxing in a weird way.

"Yes, Captain also wants us to go look more around the building in the daylight tomorrow." Connor replied.

"Fuck, in the snow?" Hank groaned, while playing a one sided tug of war match with Sumo.

"Yes. It'll be rather chilly tomorrow, the snow won't really let up. I'm kind of excited to see how it feels with the update I'm getting tonight, it's supposed to enhance physical and emotional feelings we've gotten before. It's also the big dream update, so I'll be in "sleep mode" but with my LED showing the percentage of each update just like last time." Connor explained. I knew he was kind of acting different today, but now I know that this was why.

"Awe Con, I'm happy for you! In the morning if you're awake and updated you can come take the kids to school and feel EXACTLY how I feel in the mornings! If not, I'll bring you guys back breakfast and then we can go into work after." I cheered, and Connor smiled a big grin towards me until Willow jumped onto him, knocking him over. "Willow!"

~

It was now 2:30 A.M., and I laid on the couch staring up at the roof. I looked over to my left, towards the floor, and Connor's LED was colored blue 25% of the way around the little circle. I think this was his second update so far, not that I was really paying attention. I just couldn't really sleep and seeing his LED was letting me know I wasn't really alone. I got up, my fluffy friend quietly getting up with me. Sumo was in Hanks room and both could be heard snoring loudly. I checked on the kids, peeking my head in and seeing both of them asleep before quietly closing the door and making my way to the kitchen. I grabbed a water bottle, Willow lapping some water up from her water bowl before she followed me to lay back down on the couch. I slid my phone off of the side table next to the couch and opened it, seeing a couple missed text messages from an unknown number.