xxxiv

Eurielle watched as rain splattered against the foggy glass panes of the empty classroom the four were currently sitting in. Harry and Ron talked excitedly of Angelina being able to reform the Quidditch team while Hermione, much like herself, was in deep thought- she wondered if it was about the same thing.

"Hope this clears up . . . What's up with you, Hermione?"

"Just thinking . . ." she said, still frowning at the rain-washed window just as Eurielle had been doing minutes prior,"About Siri . . . Snuffles?" said Harry.

" Well, sort of. . . Are we doing the right thing. . .  I suppose we're doing the right thing . . . I think . . . aren't we?"

Eurielle nodded, " We are, but I know what you mean," she said looking at the brunette who nodded, a sad- almost apologetic- look in her eye.

The two boys looked at each other in confusion, " Well it'd be downright annoying if the two of you hadn't told us what you were going on about," said Ron with false gratitude.

Hermione looked at him as though she had only just realized he was there. "I- Well Eurielle and I it seems-  were just wondering," she said, her voice stronger now, "whether we're doing the right thing, starting this Defense Against the Dark Arts group."

"What!" said Harry and Ron together looking at the girls incredulously, " Hermione this was your idea!" said Ron.

"I know," said Hermione, twisting her fingers together, looking over at Eurielle for support and continued after receiving a reassuring nod, "But after talking to Snuffles . . ."

"But he's all for it!" said Harry.

"Yes," said Hermione, staring at the window again. "Yes, that's what made me think maybe it wasn't a good idea after all. . . ."

The group fell silent and for a moment all that could be heard was the rhythmic taps on the panes.  Eurielle glanced down at the desk, maybe it was time to tell Harry that Sirius isn't okay, and that he was so obviously depressed, much like Harry himself.

"Let's get this straight," said Harry angrily, "Sirius agrees with us, so you don't think we should do it anymore?"

Hermione stared at the table rather miserably before shaking her head, " I'm just wondering if it's a good idea now. . .Do you honestly trust his judgment?"

"Yes, I do!" said Harry at once. "He's always given us great advice!"

Before Hermione could choose her words carefully Eurielle spoke, " That was before Grimmauld Place," she said looking at the green eyed boy who was preparing to blow up at her too, " Before now he was more level-headed, more of an adult but now . . . it's like he's living through us,"

"What d'you mean, 'living through us'?" Harry retorted.

Eurielle sighed and shared a tired look with Hermione which seemed to have pissed Harry off more, " I mean, Harry, he's bored, lonely, and cooped up in the house that's constantly reminding him of his horrible childhood and Kreacher only worsens it. He's trying to escape all that through us, you especially, but Sirius doesn't seem to realize one important thing- you're not James, and you can never be James to him-,"

" Shut up!" yelled Harry, making Ron and Hermione flinch. Eurielle didn't move, her face calm and relaxed.

" You know I'm right Harry, this Sirius, isn't our Sirius. This one is selfish, irresponsible-."

" I said shut up!" bellowed Harry, slamming his hand on the table, " You have no right to talk about him like that, you never write him, you don't care about him-!"