[ Chapter 2 - House of the Brave ]

He stood there with a huge mocking grin plastered across his face. 

Jack Aceson Juarez, an asshole that belongs to the house of Beta. 

He was wearing a white dress shirt and black slack, a little decent for someone who belongs in the house of Beta. His wavy black hair that normally covers his forehead was gelled back. He was leaning against the wall as he mocked me but he still appeared so tall. His body was well built, he was a Basketball player after all. 

He flashed another grin revealing his teeth a little, "President." 

His dark blue eyes seemed to stare right through my soul. He was handsome, I'll give him that, but his looks always annoyed me. His aura spelled conceited and cocky.

I heard he, himself, got promoted in his house. He was now the President of the House of Beta. 

House of Beta, the thought irks me. If I had to ranks the houses, that house would be the last in my list. 

Our house may not be the best since it still allows the caste system to work with the executive officer's permission, but the house of Beta was much worst than ours. I heard there were always punishments for anyone who violates their rules. It was said that their house has always been the strictest since the beginning. They have always been rough on their members. 

The house of Beta is the House of the Brave. Rumors had it that before they could take the House Oath one has to climb Mount Scion which is located behind our school, across the forest. The mountain is not that tall but getting to the top was very risky, the forest was unsupervised and the school has nothing to do with anyone who dies or gets injured there. The students in the school were never forbidden to go outside but they are told about the risks.

Beta took advantage of this. It was said that those who cannot climb the mountain would be treated worst than a slave. The house of Beta is definitely the worst.

I forced a fake smile at Ace.

Tony could sense the tension so when I finally pulled him and Anne away, they followed immediately. They probably knew who Ace was, he was quite famous around the campus.

We walked a few more steps and finally reached our House Lounge, the other two members of our committee were already there. They were on time, as expected, I did say we were going to have a meeting around five.

"President," the two members greeted and stood when we entered the room.  

Jamie Lyn Corpus, our secretary and Javie Ramirez our treasurer was standing a little too stiffly. Both of them were second years so I could understand why they were a little frightened of us. 

"Relax," Tony laughed at their reaction and headed for the sofa at the far right. The House Louge appeared more like a living room, it had a calming atmosphere and most of the furniture was blue, it was pleasing to my eyes.