[ Chapter 4 - A Team for Two ]

The initiation for the first years went on as planned, it was smooth. 

As I had expected all the first years were very nervous about what we were going to make them do. Nothing but relief was seen on their faces when Tony announced that they had to make a ten thousand word essay on wisdom. They all went back to their own rooms after the task was announced, on the other hand, I decided to walk around the school with Tony. 

The first years and the executive committee of the house of Zeta were at the courtyard, at the pool. The pool was filled with red beans. It still amazes me how they could fill such a huge pool with red beans. The first years were allowed to enter the pool in batches of five. The only time you can leave the pool is when you find a brown button. 

"Such a tedious task," Tony smirked next to me. He wasn't the one looking for the button but it looked as if he was. He truly was a lazy guy. 

"Lazy bum," I laughed and continued to walk. We walked past the office where the donation box of the school is placed. As I had expected it was filled, it was the initiation of Kappa - to donate something important to you. 

"There they are," Tony halted at the end of the second floor. I followed his gaze at the school field where huge fences were built. The fences made up a huge rectangle which was cut in half. One was filled with so many huge pics, the other was empty. 

I scanned the field which was filled with students of Beta,  they were all wearing red t-shirts and black shorts. In the empty field stood Ace together with the rest of their committee. He was announcing something. 

I didn't want to spectate the killing of such innocent animals so I wanted to ask Tony to leave already.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a vegetarian but killing an animal in a brutal way was a no for me. I was about to ask Tony to leave when Anne caught my eyes, she was sitting on a bench at the far end of the field. 

She was wearing a cap, her grey hair covering her whole back. She was facing back at us so I couldn't see her expression but I knew she was either sad or mad. 

"Let's get her," I gazed at Anne, and Tony looked at her as well, he nodded. In a hurry,  we made our way to the field. 

When we reached the field we found Anne pouting and glaring at those from the house of Beta. She sighed when she found us approaching her. 

"Tony already explained it, didn't he?" I sat next to her and took her hand to rub it. 

"They could have gone with something else," she insisted. Her blue eyes were growing dark, nothing but anger was seen there. It was very rare to see her this mad, she was always cheerful and understanding of others. I guess it was her soft spot for animals that made her mad.  

The battle between the first years and the mother pigs started after a while. The loud cries and wails of the pig could be heard throughout the northern side of the school. The first years of Beta did everything they could in order to kill them. They were only given a limited choice of weapon; rope, knife, and spear.