[ Chapter 30 - 65th Anniversary ]

I was forced to open my door. 

"How childish can you get?" I hissed through gritted teeth.

"Not as much as you," he gave me a quick smile before entering my room. 

He sat on my bed as if he owned it and pointed at the bathroom, "Use that."

I hated getting changed in the bathroom but in the end, I was forced to use it. I came out wearing my silk pajamas. 

"Happy now?" I pointed at my outfit and he brimmed a little before nodding his head. I had expected him to leave after seeing me changed but he still sat on my bed. 

"What? Are you sleeping here tonight?" I smirked. 

"Do you want me to?" he asked. My forehead creased and I immediately shook my head. 

"Why would I?" I tried my best to sound disgusted but in reality apart of me actually wanted him to stay. He let a ball of air leave his nose before he stood up, heading towards the door. 

"Don't go, alright?" he gave me a weak smile before leaving. 

I found myself frowning after he left, I was expecting him to stay, annoy me further but he didn't. I looked out my window and waited for him to drive away before heading back to bed. I thought back to my photo in his wallet. I was certain that he still had feelings for me when I saw it but right now I was starting to be dubious of it. 

I forced myself to sleep early since we were going to have a breakfast meeting the following day. Our company's 65th anniversary was going to be held tomorrow night and the following day Ace and I would be heading towards Italy. 

I was expecting our morning meeting to go smoothly only to find out that there was a major problem in our project here in New York. There was a miscommunication with the material supplier which means that the construction would have to be delayed. The project was actually a little behind time already. To top it off, the owner was always complaining and she was very impatient with it.  

"Can you please explain again why the materials are not going to be transported," I rubbed my temples. I never liked getting angry at my co-workers but right now I couldn't hide my frustration. 

"They said that you had not signed the paper for the material so they were not able to proceed and they had simply canceled it," my secretary was a little nervous. 

"Impossible,"  I scrolled through the files on my phone to show her a picture of the signed document. She blinked twice in disbelief while looking at the picture, she then excused herself to make a call. 

"The architect is also complaining about why we couldn't follow her design on the arc."

"Do I have to do everything? Tell her that it is hard to go against the rules of physics, if she wants she can go ahead and calculate the structure and see if she could make such an arc stand," I rolled my eyes.